Epilogue II

Note: Underaged drinking in this chapter. I don't even know why I put notes about this. Also, prepare for flufffffffffffffff ❤️

Saturday 19th December, 1987-

"I can't believe you're making me go to this." I huffed, sprawled across Will's bed and staring grumpily at the ceiling as the boy stood before his full-length mirror, holding up different shirts - all of which actually belonged to me - against his chest.

My boyfriend span around and I didn't even have to gaze in his direction to know he was giving me a disapproving look from where he stood. "Will you quit complaining? It's going to be fun!" Will sighed, exasperated as he collapsed on the bed beside me, the clothing options falling on top of the both of us as we lay there together.

"Fun?" I scoffed in disbelief, "Will, I would honestly rather do anything else in the whole fucking world than go there tonight. There are so many other things we could be doing, why do you insist on wasting our precious time?" I wound my arms securely around the boy I loved which, in turn, dulled the sincerity of what I was asking of him but I couldn't stop myself from holding him. I never could resist Will Byers.

"Oh, Michael. Can you stop being so dramatic for once in your life? You've spent seventeen years on this planet and I'm pretty sure you've spent more than half of those being a total drama queen." Will scolded as he brushed the shirts onto the floor and snuggled closer and deeper into my body, a content smile on his face as he laid his head on my chest where he could hear my heartbeat pounding steadily - something he liked to do a lot.

"Tonight is the anniversary of our first kiss and the first and only time we...well, you know. We should be doing something more exciting than going to a dumb party. I want to celebrate with you."

"And that's precisely why I want us to go, baby. I want to spend tonight in the first place I ever kissed you, I was drunk and confused back then so I want to go back there and make it right this time. Come on, we'll be more sensible than last year. Four drinks max., okay?"

"You're so annoying." I grumbled but both me and the boy in my arms were well aware I didn't truly mean the words I was saying and this was reiterated as I placed a gentle kiss into his silky, short hair. The hair that had been styled into a bowl-cut for many years until the previous month when he'd taken the plunge and chopped it off, making him look even hotter than he already did which I never expected to be possible.

"I know." Will replied brightly as he looked up at me and grinned, clearly aware that he'd won the battle between us and I'd yet again given into him although neither of us were surprised by the outcome at this point. Every time the boy I loved more than life itself would ask anything of me at all, I'd never fail to comply and we both knew that well enough.

I began to chuckle at Will's almost dopey looking smile, my heart soaring with love at just how adorable this boy was. "How is it that these are the worst arguments we ever have? No matter what the topic is, I always seem to be holding you and kissing you. It doesn't make me look very tough, it's no wonder I've never won a single one."

Now it was the turn of the boy lying as close to me as physically possible to laugh at my own remark, one that he clearly thought sounded ridiculous: "That's because you're not tough at all, at least not with me. You're the softest person I've ever met, dork."

"I really thought we'd outgrown that nickname." I muttered, more to myself than to Will but he heard me all the same.

"Never." The boy beamed, his eyes glittering maliciously before placing a kiss on the side of my neck and dragging me to my feet. "Now help me choose out one of your shirts to wear, I want everyone at that party to know that I finally locked down Mike Wheeler."