Twelve

Batcoon

"Have any of you seen Vanoss?" I question the guys, hoping one of them knew.

"No, we thought he was with you." Moo answers for all the guys. A terrible feeling arrives in my gut. "Oh no," I say and whip around to the exit. "Delirious?!" I turn back around; slightly pissed, "Yes?"

"We're coming with you. We can split up." Wildcat says while pushing off the couch. Moo climbs in with me. I start the Zentorno; the engine rumbles. "We need to find him."

"Why would he run away just like that? Or was he taken?"

"I don't know Moo, but there's plenty of reasons why he'd run away or get taken by that damn science lab." I pull out of the garage and speed off into town.

BatOwl

"What if I just like ended it now and just saved the world from the monster growing inside." Miranda slaps me after my comment. She scoffs, "Don't talk like that. How do you know it's a monster?"

I watch the buildings and vehicles speed by, "My vision." Miranda and I sigh together. "Why won't you tell Delirious?" She questions, her face towards the road. I miss him... He'd be the best dad. "I'd die."

"Maybe they aren't right!" Miranda raises her voice.

"I saw you two in the lab. You guys care so much about each other, and I think he'd love you through this hell you guys are about to go through." Her grip on the steering wheel tightens. "I think you should tell him. Seriously. What would be worse? Him never being able to see you ever again and then he finally finds you, but dead. Or him knowing you're going to die and preparing himself for it?" Miranda's rant hits me in the chest. She's right, I should probably tell Delirious. "Take me back," I say with a smile on my face. It spreads to Miranda's face as she whips the steering wheel around and does a u-turn in the middle of traffic. She speeds back to the apartment.

Miranda roles the windows down and the warm night breeze hits my face. My little flip of hair flies. Should I let my hair grow out? My smile is wide and I can't wait to see my Delirious again.

Smells of food from the streets of L.A hit my nose; I suddenly don't feel good. Good thing the windows are down. "Miranda I don't like the smell of those hot dogs stands." I hear her chuckle and the windows go up and she turns on the AC. The cool breeze now blowing in my face. While watching the buildings speed by I noticed a certain vehicle speed past and then skirt to a stop. "Stop!" I screech and Miranda slams on the breaks. We fly forward, but thanks to seatbelt safety we don't fly out of the windshield. I unbuckle myself and hop out of the car. Miranda parks on the side of the road and runs after me. "Vanoss! What are you doing?" Her voice is at a distance, it's like a low mumble over a train on tracks. The most beautiful man in the world gets out of the familiar blue Zentorno. I run as fast as I can, almost turning into an owl doing so. I jump into Delirious's arms. He clutches me close, "Where the fuck were you?"

We're both breathing heavy, "Out with a friend. I should have told you, but there's so much we need to talk about," I watch Moo get out of the car, "alone."

"I can ride with her." Moo gestures towards Miranda. I make a weird face at him, "You guys have never met before." Moo shrugs, blushing. "Sorry, Delirious and I will ride with Miranda. You can drive the Zentorno home, right?" I look at Delirious for the answer. He nods and smiles, "Take care of her." Moo laughs and drives off. "Miranda this is Delirious, Delirious Miranda." I quickly introduce the two and hop into the back of Miranda's red car. Delirious gets in beside me and grabs my hand. Miranda of course drives. "You gonna tell him Vanoss?" I nod, glaring at her. She giggles and starts the car up again.

"So," I squeeze Delirious's hand and look into his deep blue eyes, "remember what we were talking about in our bedroom about the whole pregnancy thing?" The clown nods, "Yeah."

"Well, Miranda and I found out some things about it."

"Like what?" Delirious squeezes my hand back.

"You were supposed to be a man the whole time; never to be changed. I was the only one who was supposed to be changed."

"Why?"

"To get me pregnant. To make a hero stronger than the both of us combined. Ironic, because it will be the two of us combined."

"Yeah, but how do we know if you're..." I saw the look of disgust go across Delirious's face. I let go of his hand. My heart hurt to see that emotion on his face. "Would you not love me if I was?" I frown and feel the water wheels turning. A burning feeling arises in my throat.

"I would Evan, I'm so sorry I'd even think of it like that-"

"Would you really though?" Tears are streaming down my face. I want to scream at this fucking man.

"Yes! I would! I'd go through everything with you. I promise. I'm so sorry Evan..." He keeps using my real name, which makes me think he's legit.

"That's not all," I grab his pale hand once again. He tilts his head, like a sad puppy. "I'm barely going to make it through the whole "carrying" part, and there's a 99.9% chance I'm going to die after giving birth or however the hell we're going to get this thing out." Tears slide off my cheeks and onto my black sweater. I frown at my stomach; soon not to be a flat stomach.

"I'm pregnant..." I burst into tears after the stupid phrase. Delirious scoots over to me, I'm oblivious to the fact he's not wearing a seatbelt. "No, Evan we're pregnant." His warmth covers me and I slightly smile. I don't want to die or go through this pregnancy, but there's nothing else we can do. Delirious sure as hell wouldn't let me end my life...

*** 

 SHORT CHAPTER SORRY AGAIN 

- H.C