Fifteen

Batcoon

My throat is scratchy and my nose is very dry. My eyes flutter open to an unconscious Mini. "Oh my god!" I examine his bleeding ears and realize his glasses are missing. I look around for one of the other guys. I notice Mini isn't the only one with a bleeding face. Men in black suits are on the ground, lifeless, blood all over their faces. I hop out of the bright pink van of Wildcat's and try finding some of the guys. I finally spot Wildcat and Moo gawking at someone on the ground. I rush over and find my love on the ground. His eyes a pitch black, his breast a little bigger, along with his belly. "What happened?!" I nearly shriek. I drop down beside him and grab his hand. Moo squats down with me, "He saved us with..." Moo trails off, stunned. "A yellow ball of force that killed everyone." Wildcat turns around and looks at the unconscious Mini lying in the back of his van.

"I'm sure he didn't mean to kill Mini," I confront Wildcat before he can start blaming Vanoss for something he couldn't control. Wildcat doesn't talk again. He steps back from us and starts toward his pink van. Moo and Nogla follow him. A dark feeling hits my gut as I watch them walk away, neither of them looking back.

My arms rub against the blacktop as I grasp my arms around Vanoss. I carry him to the Zentorno and place him easily on the red-lined seats in the vehicle. I hop into the driver's side. I check the alleyway for my friend's van, but it's nowhere to be seen. I sigh and turn the key in the ignition.

The sun has set as I drive down the streets of Los Santos. It's quiet in the sports car. Evan is still unconscious and the blood is still running from his nose. It's been an hour since we left the whole "incident". I groan and take a slight detour home. As we go upward different houses side by side stand beside each other. All of their big windows and huge porches. I make a turn on a dirt road and continue going uphill towards the big white letters. I park the car right before the big "v" in "Vinewood". I softly sigh and take in the view. Realization hits me as I stare at my lover. I'm driving around with a bleeding, unconscious person. I reach in the back of the vehicle and grab whips I, fortunately, take with me everywhere. I wipe off Vanoss's face. His eyes now closed instead of open and scary. His nose has finally stopped bleeding, so I wipe that off too. His whole face is clear of any dry blood. I wipe off his neck, which isn't as strong as it was before. It seems very petit. I ignore it and throw the used towels in the back. When I turn back around the bump catches my eye. I slowly reach over the center console and place my hand on the little bump. I wait and wait and finally there's a slight sense of movement. I gasp and jump back a little. Vanoss stirs, rubbing his head against the black seat. His nose points toward the right side window. I wish he were awake to see this view of the city.

I place my hand back on his stomach and let the movement go. How was the baby already this big? It is a superhero smartass. I sigh and stare at the different lights of Los Santos while cradling the stomach of my pregnant... boyfriend, girlfriend? Lover? I shake my head, maybe no labels for now, not until we get our lives together. No, I take that back, it'll probably never be together, or the same ever again. My train of thought chugs to the worst thought of the world: losing Vanoss.

Wildcat

"Are you mad?" I hear what sounds like Moo speak. The van has been in complete silence until then. I think for a moment, am I mad? Mad at my friend for something he couldn't control. He did save us, "No, I just hope to god Vanoss learns how to control that new power of his."

"Yeah me too," Moo agrees. He sighs, and after years of knowing this man, I knew he was contemplating something else. "Anything else you wanna talk about?"

"Yeah," he slightly chuckles. I make eye contact with the dark-eyed man in the rearview mirror.

"Is it about BatOwl and Batcoon?" I ask and watch Moo nod afterward. I laugh, "Do you think Delirious is going to get another power as well?"

"Most definitely," Nogla chimes in. Moo and I chuckle. "What do you think it'll be?" I question the two men. A silence of pondering fills the pink vehicle of mine.

"Scaring children away," Nogla can barely say without laughing. We all have a good laugh. "I think he'll be able to read minds," Moo suggests. I nod in understanding, "I could see it." Silence haunts the van once again. The same eagle ends it, "How and why do you think these two are getting these powers?" Nogla brings his hand to his chin, thinking. "Well, if Humane Labs wanted a being strong then the two of them they'd probably want it protected. So when Vanoss and Delirious changed that's when they put some magic juice to have them slowly develop powers."

"Good conspiracy," Moo laughs and I nod in agreement. I pull into the garage and park my seldom together van. As the other two walk over to the elevator up to the apartment I stay behind and kiss my baby, "I'll getcha fixed soon." Then I run to the back and grab Mini. I rush over to the elevator just before the doors shut.

We get up to the apartment and I set down Mini. I rush to the bathroom and grab some wet towels. Moo and Nogla must have left to go find Lui in all of this. He had to figure this out sooner or later. In the meantime, I wipe off Mini's face. I sigh, "We'll have to getcha new glasses." I take the used towels back to the bathroom and throw them into the clothes hamper. I walk out of the bathroom to a terrifying coughing noise. I turn to the couch and notice Mini's body is violently jerking around. I rush over to him and hold down his flailing arms. His eyes flutter open and closed really fast. Blood starts gushing from his nose once again. I cry for help, "MOO! NOGLA! LUI! SOMEONE HELP!" I try soothing Mini, but it's obvious he can't hear me. His legs start kicking and the couch starts shifting on the hardwood floor. His shaking gets harder and his arm slips out of my grip. He hits me in the eye and I can feel the swelling start. I ignore it for now and grab his arm again. "Mini, Mini please stay with me. Calm down." I continue to try and abate his violent movement with soft whispers. "MOO!" I cry out. Mini's swinging gets even harder, which is inhumanly possible. My sweaty hands slip once again. I lose his arm and he hits me once again, but I fly against the coffee table. I try getting up to stop him from anymore swinging, but I get stuck on something. I look down and terror flows through my body as I stare down at a huge piece of glass sticking through my chest.

***