Seventeen

Batcoon

“Vanoss, you need to stay in the insurgent while we fight off the stupid HLR people.” I warn my love. A look of annoyance goes across his face. “I can fight as well Delirious. Trust me.”

“No, Vanoss. We all agree you should stay in the truck. They are after you.”

“I agree with Mini. They probably want to keep you until you pop out the baby.” Wildcat states after Mini’s explanation.

Vanoss sighs as the elevator doors slide open, “I killed at least a hundred people; including Mini.” Vanoss starts an argument walking toward the pitch black vehicle. I help him into the back. He rejects my hand and climbs in himself. I frown to myself and wait for the others to get in. Wildcat hops into the gun. Mini squeezes in on the other side of Wildcat. I hop into the driver’s seat with Moo beside me. “Y’all ready to kick ass?”

BatOwl

I know I’m acting very childish, but I’m being treated like one. Delirious makes eye contact with me through the rearview mirror. His blue eyes smile at me. I give in and smile back. I watch his smiling eyes turn into eyes of horror as he starts to drive out of the garage. “Fuck.” Delirious curses and stops the truck and starts speaking quickly. Purple dots surround my vision as I finally realize I’m about to have a vision. Delirious is explaining how they’ll leave me in the truck and try to stay near the truck. Wildcat should keep watch while shooting. I lose myself there and the world goes black.

I’m a ghost watching the world in a third person. I watch myself lay on a small bed in a very muggy room. My bump is a tiny bit bigger. I wonder how long it took it to get bigger. I look for a calender under all of the posters of half naked women in leather jackets. I finally find one that has days crossed off that have already gone by. It’s been two weeks and I already look like a month.

Suddenly I grimace in pain. I caress my belly and wipe the pool of sweat off of my face. Another shot of pain. Instead of a look on my face, it’s an audible groan. It’s just then when I realize I’ve made a pile of clothing and bed sheets around me. I made a nest, like an owl would.

The door opens to the muggy room I’m in. A man with a long beard comes in. He’s wearing combat boots and a leather jacket that says “Damned” on the back. My ghost self walks around to see his face. He has a long scar over his left eye.

“Is the pain getting worse?” He asks, a southern accent thick in his voice. Why was he here in Los Santos? I nod. He sighs and sits down on the little bit of nest I’ve made. “You know that pain is only going to get worse if you don’t go back. You need to be with Delirious. The father. He probably misses you very much Vanoss.” I move once again and look at the front of the jacket. I’m surprised to see the name “Luke” on the right of his chest. Why did the name sound so familiar? And why was I in a motorcycle gang clubhouse?

Wildcat

“Bam! Dead! Done-zo!” I shout while taking down the different agents running toward us. The raccoon, the eagle, and the man in the suit are kicking ass elsewhere. After a wave of men are dead I peek down to see how Ms. Vanoss is doing. He’s awake and looking around, sorta panicked.

“You alright man?” He jumps at my voice and nods, “Yeah.” I smile at him and then go back to killing peeps.

BatOwl

I roll down the window for some fresh air. That vision had no death in it, but seemed to be the scariest. Why would I ever leave Delirious for some motorcycle gang anyway?

Instead of fresh air I get bullets flying everywhere. I smell blood; fresh. Very, very fresh. My stomach growls and I eye up a man who has just dropped dead only a few feet away. I sneak past Wildcat’s feet. I push the door open and almost fall out. I turn into owl form and fly over to the corpse. I start picking at the bullet hole through his chest.

“Vanoss! Get the hell in here!” Wildcat blows my cover. I can already hear the raccoon’s feet paddling over to me. I ignore him and continue to dine. The paddling is covered up by heavy footsteps. Wildcat misses the man who cages me up and runs to the nearest vehicle. I call out to Delirious. Hoo-ing multiple times. Why couldn’t I control my hunger? Why’d I get out of the fucking car? I watch the racoon chase after me. I try pecking at the guy’s dark colored hands, but he’s holding it where I can’t reach.

The man pops the trunk and almost puts me in. A gunshot goes off and the man drops dead. Another person picks up the cage. His hands are as pallid as Delirious’s, but it’s not my man. I’m put onto the edge of a leather motorcycle seat and I go even farther away from my Delirious.

In the vision, so-called Luke said I should go back to Delirious. Why the hell were they taking me away from him?

I don’t stop hoo-ing until exhaustion overcomes me. The last thing I see is Delirious switch into human form and reach out for me. He sprints to the insurgent and speeds off. My wings get heavy and I fall asleep.

***