Thirteen

Batcoon

I feel Evan's soft snores against me. I have to sleep in his room because my window is still broken from when Vanoss nearly fell to his death. I also want to sleep with him, because I'm pretty sure we're a couple; plus we were expecting a child. This rush of realization hits me and I have to leave Vanoss's side. I switch into raccoon form, careful not to disturb him. My raccoon self scurries out of the room and out of the apartment. My feet make little padding sounds on the hardwood floor as I exit the building. My tiny heart hammers from the running.

I reach another building a few streets down from our's and switch into human form. I stick my hands in my pockets and start wandering down the streets; even at 1:00 a.m they were very busy with cars honking and strippers waiting at each corner.

I wanted to go on this walk to clear my mind of things. Vanoss only had a max of 11 months to live. I feel selfish for wanting to keep him alive instead of killing him. It'd be best for everyone in Los Santos; maybe even the world. I realize then that in Vanoss's vision... he was still alive. Why would his vision be wrong? Then again Moo never got shot when they came to rescue us, and neither did Vanoss. My thoughts are so deep I don't realize that I'm in a crosswalk with speeding traffic. I have no time to try pausing time. The speeding red mustang doesn't even try to stop. My surprise is overcome by fear and pain.

Moo

We're just watching T.V no action in like two days. No bad guys, no evil scientists, and no problems with BatOwl. My thoughts are interrupted by a scream. Guess I was wrong; there is some trouble with BatOwl. Nogla and I rush downstairs to Vanoss's room.

Nogla nearly smashes the door open. I rush behind him and go to Vanoss. He's groaning in pain and is covered in sweat and tears. "Vanoss what's wrong?"

He can only answer in groans; the pain must be terrible. His groans get worse as an ambulance goes by. A sudden thought hits me hard, "Where's Delirious?" I look at Nogla then back outside. "Watch Vanoss please, and try to find the others."

"I'll try." Nogla nods and grabs Vanoss's hand. "Get him some wet towels or something." I switch in eagle form and fly out of the apartment. I scan over the city and try finding the ambulance that just sped by a few minutes ago.

I finally spot the bright lights on the speeding vehicle. Cars are pulled over off to the side and people are surrounding the ambulance. I swoop down and join the other people. I switch in an alley, careful of anyone seeing me. I rush over to the incident and I suddenly have an aversion to what I'm about to witness.

A red mustang sits in the middle of the intersection. The front of it is majorly damaged. I look at the object that hit it. It's the one and only Batcoon himself. He needed to get back home to his hurting boyfriend. He's merely knocked out from the impact. Is that the pain Vanoss was feeling? Is that another power of theirs? One they can share perhaps.

I have to make a distraction so the paramedics won't take him to a human hospital. I switch into eagle form once again and try scaring off everyone. I circle Delirious's body, hoping it'd scare them. No use. I swoop down and nip at one of the paramedic's face. She jumps back at first, but I attack again. She screams and runs back into the ambulance. The other one follows her, their blue uniforms slowly disappearing into the ambulance. People then move on with their day, not caring about the man lying on the ground. That's L.A for you. Once everyone has cleared out I swoop down to my friend and switch into human form once again. My first instinct is to slap Delirious, but Vanoss might feel it. I slightly chortle at my conclusion. I drag Delirious off sight and the frantic traffic continues. I call Nogla, to check up on Vanoss. Also to get a ride back home.

"Hello?"

"Hey, how's Vanoss?"

"He's cooling down, and not groaning anymore. I'm pretty sure he's in a deep sleep. A huge bruise is also starting to form on his stomach."

I lift up Delirious hoodie and what-a-know, "Delirious has a bruise on his stomach as well."

Nogla gasps over the phone, "Oh shit. Does that mean they're like twins that both feel pain?"

"One, that's a myth. Two, probably another power of theirs."

"But I thought they only got powers as women?"

"Guess not. Maybe they did this so if Vanoss was in trouble Delirious would know and would be able to save him."

"Aw, that's sweet."

"I guess. Anyways, we need a ride back to the place. The car that hit Delirious has more damage than he does."

"What? Delirious was hit by a car?"

"Oops, sorry, forgot to mention that." I snicker. I instantly regret that action.

"Wow, he could have been killed."

"No way. He's a superhero asshat."

"Okay, jeesh, calm down Moo."

"Just send us a ride Nogla."

"Aight. See ya then."

"Bye." I hang up and try waking up Delirious again, but nothing happens. "Guess I'll just wait for a ride." I sit there for a little bit, behind a trash can, with an unconscious man. I scroll through social media and then try to beat a level of a stupid matching game.

Finally Wildcat arrives with his pimped up van. He stops and Mini opens the back doors. I easily lift Delirious in. Before I shut the door a gun goes off. I glance around and notice a slick black car pulling into the opposite entrance of the alleyway. "We have company," Wildcat states and puts the van in reverse. He stops violently because of another car blocking the other entrance. We're trapped. "Who the hell are these people?" Wildcat asks, obviously pissed. I notice the nametags on the men getting out of the car. I grab Mini's attention. "It's Humane Labs", Mini states. "So it's time to fight," I add on as the men get closer and closer.

*** 

Let me know if updates are starting to get slow. I need y'all's opinion. 

- H.C