Sixteen

Moo

Once again in the apartment building of the superheroes of Los Santos, a scream was audible. Hopefully this time it wasn’t Vanoss. I run up stairs from the planning room and find Wildcat bleeding to death from the coffee table. “What the fuck happened?” Not even a super pig could survive a piece of glass going through his chest. Wildcat staggers to talk as I watch the light go from his eyes. Was he the one who screamed? I spot Mini on the couch, sobbing violently. His eyes are shut, but he’s still breathing. “Mini!” I try and shake him awake. Thankfully I’m successful. “What?!” He sits up, “I can’t fucking see!” He tries reaching for me, “Moo?”

“Yes, now what the hell happened to Wildcat?”

“What? What do you mean? Get me closer to him!” His voice is suddenly full of concern and fear. I grab his arm and pull him over to Wildcat. He can see close up at least. A huge gasp escapes his lips, “OH NO!” Mini grabs onto Wildcat and sobs violently like before he was conscious. I frown at the sight of the two. I wonder how Wildcat ended up on the friggin coffee table. Before I can ask Mini again an orange glow spreads from his hand and onto our dead friend. I watch in awe as the glass slowly slips out of Wildcat and the whole shuts. The orange glow goes over the scar where the glass used to be. It goes up and down really fast, like it’s shutting the wound. After this Mini falls back. Wildcat starts breathing again. “Holy mother of God.” I stand and help Mini up. He’s a slightly loopy. I catch the last second of a hole shutting on Mini. It’s like he just had Wildcat’s wound. His face isn’t as pallid as before and his hands aren’t orange.

We both gawk at Wildcat, waiting for him to wake up. Just as I think it his blue eyes open. He frantically looks around and pats his chest, “I’m not dead!” I goofy smile crawls across his face. He spots Mini instantly, “And you’re not dead!”

“No, I was just…” Mini thinks and a look of realization hits him hard. He looks at me then back at Wildcat, “Holy fuck.”

“What?” Both Wildcat and I ask together. Mini’s eyes widen, “When Vanoss did that whole yellow light bomb thing and knocked me out he must’ve passed on some power. Because I just brought you back to life.” Mini gestures toward Wildcat while we pick up our jaws from the floor.

Wildcat has a wide ass smirk on his face. I ask why and he answers with, “Humane Labs is going to be pissed that their planned is a little fucked.”

BatOwl

My head hurts like a bitch as I open my eyes to the great view below the Vinewood sign. I feel a warm hand on my stomach area. I grab the hand that belongs to Delirious. He smiles, “You’re awake.”

“Yeah, that was fucking crazy.” I chuckle and look down at Delirious and Is’ hands. I notice a little extra down there as well. I nearly scream, but stop myself, “How long have I been unconscious?” Delirious removes his hand, “Like 2 hours or so.” That answer makes my heart drop to my ass. “Then how come I have a baby bump? Oh no…” A terrible thought hits me. Delirious grabs my hand once again, “What?” I answer to his concerning voice, “That means my sandglass will be dropping sand a little more quickly.” A frown appears on his face, and his blue eyes are full of concern.

“Evan.” My real name startles me, “Yes?”

“Do you remember what you did?”

“When?”

“Before you passed out?”

“Yeah, I like killed all the Humane Labs people.”

“Do you remember how?”

“Yeah, Delirious why are you asking me all these questions?”

“Because your new power kills only humans.”

“Yeah, I think I figured that out. Wildcat and Moo were still standing.”

“Mini was there too Vanoss.” My heart stops and my jaw drops. “Did he?” Delirious nods, giving me my answer. “We need to go back, now.” Delirious drives as fast as he can back to the apartment.

“What happened to his body then?”

“Wildcat picked him up and put him in the van.” Delirious wants to say more, his mouth opens and closes. “What? You were about to say something.”

“I forgot that Mini was still slightly breathing when I woke up in the van next to him, but it was very raggedy. Maybe Wildcat saved him.”

“I hope to whatever god or goddess that he is alive.”

“Me too.”

Delirious and I finally arrive to the apartment. Thankfully I’m wearing Delirious’s hoodie, so the boys won’t question anything. Delirious pushes out of the elevator and rushes to the front door. “Hello?”

“Delirious?” It’s Wildcat.

I barge in behind him, “Where’s Mini?”

“Here.” A huge smile jumps onto my face. I rush over and squeeze the hell out of him, “I am so, so sorry I almost killed you.”

“Vanoss, it’s fine. You made up for it.”

“What? Just a hug? I owe you some Burger Shot or something.”

“No, you see. You gave me an actual power.” Mini smiles and my head fills with so many thoughts. “Wait! That means any of the other guys I hit could have powers!” Wildcat scoffs, “There’s no way. They were all actually dead.”

Delirious chimes in, “Then what’s so special about Mini?”

“He’s a good guy,” Wildcat states. “He most definitely is,” Delirious agrees.

“Not to rain on your parade, but there’s white vans surrounding our garage entrance,” Moo announces.

“Where the hell are Nogla and Lui?” Wildcat questions aloud to all of us. The thought hits me faster than light, “We need to get down there now! And find Lui and Nogla!”

“Why?” Delirious questions. I look at Moo and he looks at me with terror, “Because there’s HLR written all over those vans.”

“Are you guys willing to fight two times in one day?” I question running to the elevator; four others behind me. “Hell yeah.” I hear from Wildcat. “Sure, as long as I don’t almost die again.” Of course Mini. “We might have to get use to this,” Moo sarcastically laughs. “For family,” Delirious warmly answers.

In the elevator Mini clicks the second floor garage. Which is the garage with all our heavy duty vehicles in them. Okay, maybe there’s only one or two. The Superheros of Los Santos are on a budget. We all whip around and look at Mini. He shrugs, “What?” I now only realize he doesn’t have his glasses. I reach for the other button but he hits my hand. “I think this time we should really kick ass.”

And that was the first time in my 25 years of living that I have heard the badass side of Mini; no longer our Tax Man, but a fighter like us.

***