Twenty

Delirious

The warm breeze blows across my face as I watch cars pass by the alley to the motorcycle club.

It is March, it’s been 3 weeks since Vanoss and I escaped from the lab. In two weeks or so there would be a baby screaming and a dead woman lying in a bed, blood everywhere probably. I didn’t want to think about it, but it was going to happen sometime. Maybe there’s a way we can help him. I rush inside the club. My eyes adjust to the darkness. I look around for Miranda. She’s asleep on one of the tables. Her head resting on her arms. I approach her quietly and tap her on the shoulder. She stirs awake, “Yes? Delirious, what’s wrong?” She stares at me, really stares, “When’s the last time you’ve slept?” Should I tell her the truth? Stop lying Delirious. “The last time I’ve slept was a day after I changed into a man, and was in bed with Vanoss.” She stands and frowns, “You actually look like a raccoon.”

“Miranda, we need to figure out how to help Vanoss. There’s gotta be away.” I push the tears rising back down my throat. She sighs, “Well, my father used to say, “Where there’s a will there’s a way.” So, if you can last half a month without sleep, I’m pretty sure I can. You wanna help your boyfriend and potential baby?” A slightly smile at her and nod.

Vanoss

My bones hurt. I can’t move without any pain. I try standing, but pain shreds down my spine. I can’t sit upright either, without the belly getting in the way. I call for Delirious. He rushes in and the pain instantly goes away. He sadly smiles and sits at the end of my nest of blankets. He grabs my hands, “Miranda and I are going to try and save you.”

“How?” My voice is so weak.

“Well we have multiple ideas.” He gives me a cheeky smile. God I wish I could look at it forever. I wait for Delirious’s answer and a warm hand lands on my belly. I watch his face go red, “You look like a skeleton.” He gives me the puppy dog eyes. I only sigh. He tries cheering me up, “Well our first, and main idea, was to give you a sea-section and have Mini on call just in case the baby does actually hurt you.” The idea sounds legit, like it would actually work when the time comes. I sigh again, this time tears coming along with it. Delirious breaks my nest of blankets and cuddles me. “Evan, please don’t cry. We’ll get through this.” I sob, “No we won’t. I won’t physically and you won’t mentally. Jonathan…” I watch him flinch at his own name, “maybe I should just end my life. So no one gets hurt.” Delirious violently shakes his head back and forth, “No! Don’t ever talk like that! Knock it off! We will make it Evan!” He grabs my hands and rests on the top of my stomach. We lay there. Delirious’s head on the baby and my fingers running through his hair. We sit in silence until Luke walks in, “It’s a boy.” He smirks and crosses his arms. “How do you know?” Delirious’s speaking against my belly makes the baby move in excitement. “The shape of Vanoss. When the belly is lower by this time it’s usually a boy.”  I laugh, “Well, in my calming vision you gave me, Delirious and I were playing with a little boy. He was beautiful, just like his father.” Delirious looks up at me. I continue rubbing his smooth brown hair.

Luke

I watch the two lovebirds. It was terrible to think that in just a week at the max they’d be seperated. Literally by death do them part.

Maybe I could give them some fun together. I walk over to them and before they can question I push my hands against their foreheads, and they both drift off into a deep sleep, but together. I leave the room smiling, hoping they’d enjoy the place.

Delirious

I wake up all warm and cozy. I realize I’m in a hot tub with a very attractive Asian-American man across from me. He looks oh-so familiar. His dark eyes open and a large smirk goes across his face, “Delirious?”

“Vanoss,” I smirk along with him and move to the other side of the tub with him. I already start untying the string to his yellow swimming trunks.

Miranda

“How’s Vanoss?” I ask Luke who walks out of his room all happy and smug. “Oh he’s fine, along with Delirious.”

“You know he’s due in like a day or so. Hot man on man sex may not be the best right now for a pregnant woMAN.” I try to emphasize the “man” part and be funny. I really liked the Luke guy. He awkwardly chuckles, “Yeah, my bad, but they won’t be together after the birth… So, I thought I’d give them some time together.”

“That’s so sweet of you Luke.”

“Thanks, but you’re the one risking your own job for them. You’re more sweet than they are.” I feel heat crawl across my face, “Thanks…” A weird silence arises between us. He stops it, “Wanna grab a drink?”

I smile, “I’d love to.”

Vanoss

Delirious and I giggle while trying not to inhale water while laughing and gasping. “Fuck, you fuck good,” I state. He laughs, “You too partner.” He kisses me softly on the lips, and we continue kissing and kissing. I grab onto his hips and lock on with him. One grind and a huge pain goes through my lower stomach, “Ouch.” I stop and fall from Delirious. The pain goes again, this time a million times worse. I groan in pain and Delirious reaches for me, but before he can get to me we’re in real life again. Delirious shoots up from the nest of now bloody blankets.

“Holy fuck you’re bleeding!” He shouts and starts the pre-parental panicking.

Another rip of pain and I grab my stomach to try and abate it. Delirious notices the terrible pain and screams for help. I hear someone shout, “They went to get drinks!” Delirious curses. I watch his face turn and he holds out his hands. He’s stopping time, but it doesn’t stop the pain.

***

Short and terrible chapter. My bad.