Part 13: Reverberation

"So, you were correct?"

"Just the thought of her being worthless in Kylo's eyes was almost enough to cause her death. I was correct. Kylo can end her easily. I just need his mind..." Snoke's voice was dangerous, croaking and deep.

Hux stared straight ahead, but he couldn't help the smile that inched across his face. Kylo could end her. It would break Kylo.

"But sir, we are unable to find their location now. Where would they relocate?" Hux couldn't stop himself from asking. He could already imagine, pushing a knife into Kylo's chest, watching the life drain from his eyes. It filled him with joy.

"They will hide. Keep an eye on planets nearest to their last seen location." Snoke drummed idly with his fingers as he thought. Hux noticed his dismissal and left, but Snoke said one more thing that caused him to turn.

"Surely they would not be so stupid as to find the resistance..." But Snoke waved his hand impatiently at Hux, indicating that he was to leave.

"Surely..." Snoke said once more, bringing the tips of his fingers up to his lips. Deep in thought.

"I told you gently!" Kylo snarled at the workers lifting you into the ship. You felt the sweat pour down your face as you struggled to not let out a scream as they bump you once again along the side of the door.

"I'm... fine..." You pant out but grunt as they lower you into a bed, the muscles in your neck strained.

"That is all. Leave us." Kylo lifts his gloved hand without turning and dismisses them, searching your face. Clearing his throat he moves towards you.

"If my information is correct, I know where to find one resistance ship... We should be able to make it in less than a day." He brings his face close to yours and whispers this into your ear, placing one hand next to your head and the other down by your waist.

"Kylo... How do you have this information?" You nod and then stop, turning your head to him. Confused.

"I... I made calculations... I've been watching this ship for a while." He doesn't answer fully.

"Why didn't you ever tell the First Order?" You move your hand across your body slowly and rest it on top of his. Your eyebrows furrowed

"My mother..." He breaks his eye contact. "I couldn't... expose her. I was too weak." He looks back into your eyes for a split second and then instead focuses on your hand resting on his.

"Kylo... What do you mean your mother?" You squeeze your fingers over the back of his hand, but he draws away. Kylo hasn't acted like this before, come to think of it, you had never asked about his family.

"I am not her son anymore. I am not who I once was." He draws his hand away but doesn't stand up. "A long time ago a boy named Ben Solo lived. But he is gone." He swallows "She probably doesn't even know..."

He leans closer to you.

"All I care about is you, Y/N. I am going to make sure you are safe." He sits on the edge of the bed and bends down, brushing his lips against yours as his breath tickles your nose.

You want to ask more but you can feel the conflict inside him. You know he will tell you when he is ready.

You move over slightly and make a space for Kylo, he lies down and stretches next to you, his chin resting on top of your head, his arm lying across you, but far from your bandages.

"Y/N." Kylo's hushed voice wakes you, he is lying on his side, propped up by his elbow. You squeeze your groggy eyes shut again and shuffle closer to snuggle into his chest.