Part 50: End

"Oh."

A single sigh of slight surprise is what you open your eyes to, squinting against the light coming from the ceiling lamps.

Your heart rate instantly starting to increase, you carefully avoid sudden movements as you try to make out your surroundings.

Gently floating in the air near your feet are Poe and Tyler, their heads lolling to the side while their eyes are shut. Their chests move in steady rhythm, calming you slightly. Finn lies to your right, his eyes also closed, but a small line of blood running from his nose.

Ara is kneeling a few metres from Finn, her head bent over the last body.

Hux lies still, his head on Ara's lap. While he is also appearing to be in deep sleep, Ara's hand is frozen on his cheek, which she appeared to have been stroking.

A sudden bang from your left makes you lose your restraint, not thinking you turn your head suddenly, fighting against the wave of nausea and pain that obscures your vision for a moment while you try to stay conscious.

"You killed him?" Ara's voice sounded shocked, scared even.

"He had it coming." Kylo's deep voice instantly calmed you, as your vision cleared you stared at him, taking in all his features.

The shadows cast by his eyelashes over his cheeks, his wide, muscled, shoulders making him seem so strong and tall.

Ara looked terrified.

You watch in a trance as Kylo's feet take short quick steps towards you, his knees appearing in your line of sight when he crouches, his hands sliding under your head, supporting you while he brings his ear closer to your mouth, checking for your breath.

"I'm okay." You manage to croak as Kylo's hair tickles your cheek, "I'm fine."

Kylo sighs, his breath fanning over your face, he quickly lowers his lips to yours and then helps you sit up.

"How did you kill him?" Ara's words bring you back to reality. The shadows of your floating friends fall over you again, causing your heart to beat faster.

"He's dead?" You're almost afraid to hear the answer. Snoke had been a source of fear and control in your life long before you met Kylo. At the same point, he was the reason that you and Kylo had met. He had changed your life in ways you couldn't imagine had they not happened.

"Luke." Is all Kylo replied to the both of you, more confusion washed over you but you chose to ignore it. Instead, glancing up at your friends.

Kylo took a few steps forward, stopping just shy of Finn, his nose wrinkling as he frowned.

"This must be using a lot of your power." He remarked, waiting for Ara's response. She merely shrugged, but you knew she was holding back a wince of pain from that simple gesture. "You could just let them go?" He suggested, continuing to press Ara.

"Distracting me won't work. Aren't you still missing something?" Ara's smile was strained but you couldn't stop yourself from glancing quickly back around the room.

"Where's BB-8?" You realise, shivering as Ara's yellow eyes focus on you.

"I suggest you make your boyfriend look for it. Seems to be storing some useful information." Ara narrowed her eyes, continuing to stare you down.

You feel your lips twist in disgust, breaking the eye contact between you and Ara, instead turning to meet Kylo's eyes. "Go find BB-8 Kylo. I'll stay here."

Kylo met your gaze and nodded slightly.

I'll be back. He promised, his smooth voice filling your mind.