Part 24: Fragmented

"Why did you not mention Poe earlier?" Kylo spins around mid-stride, walking backwards to frown at Tyler.

"I was a little occupied." He motions towards the droid, making fast headway in front of you outside the room.

Kylo sighs angrily but marches out of the room.

"Here." Tyler slows and holds out his arm to you, which you grab and fall into stride with him.

You see Kylo glance back at the two of you for a split second, before returning to his quick walking.

"How do you know where to go?" Tyler hollers after him but keeping pace with you.

Kylo stops abruptly and turns to Tyler, glaring as the two of you catch up. Without a word, Kylo follows the two of you, his brows furrowed.

"Is he always like this?" Tyler bends down to whisper under his breath.

You bat your arm at him, smiling as he doges away.

"Only when he is in a good mood." You grin but look away. In all honesty, you felt bad for the time you had wasted before seeing Poe. In fact, he had seemed to have flown from your mind.

Kylo coughed behind you, you turn quickly, worried that he might still be sick, but he looks up at you, his eye contact unwavering.

You turn back, confused at his gaze. Tyler continues to walk, looking forward as if he hadn't noticed anything.

The hallway begins to stink of medical disinfectants, slowly becoming brighter and more sterile the further you marched.

Kylo stayed quiet but kept up with you and Tyler.

"How much further?" You ask Tyler, the silence starting to gnaw away at you, along with the endlessly long hallways you twisted and turned down.

Tyler didn't answer but unhooked his arm from yours and moved his hand to touch the small of your back when he froze and instead nodded to you. You looked where he was facing and saw a door.

Like many other, in the corridor, it was open, however out of this door spilt a faint noise of the regular beating from a machine. Low voices also came from inside.

"...Temporary?"

"As far as we know, sir."

"What should that mean..." The voice as you stepped closer resembled that of Finn.

"I..." The other voice sounded as if it belonged to a doctor. "We cannot determine it yet, Sir."

She sounded nervous. You resisted the urge to read her mind and instead wandered cautiously into the room.

It was indeed a conversation between Finn and a doctor, he was facing the door and acknowledged you as you walked in but the doctor had to crane her neck.

Finn leaning against a wall, his arm in a cast held up with a piece of cloth around his neck.

"Finn!" You increase your walking pace and reach him, quickly stepping up and giving him a hug before releasing him quickly.

"Y/N." He nodded at you and attempted a small smile. He looked tired, you noted. His eyes were bloodshot but they didn't meet yours.

"Finn." The low voice of Kylo drifted over to you, he stood behind you and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Kylo." Finn acknowledged Kylo in the same way, Kylo didn't move in for a hug though. The thought made you smile slightly but you realised the stony expression on Finn's face.