Part 31: Anger

"Again." Luke's voice was beginning to sound tired.

You stared back up at the rocks.

After trudging uphill for nearly an hour with Rey and Kylo, Luke had stopped near the edge of a ravine between two cliffs. Rather than plunging straight down onto the rocks below, columns of stone, like fingers reaching up into the sky stood between the two rock faces.

You were expected to Force jump between these.

You stand up from your crouch and bring your toes to the very edge of the cliff, balancing on the balls of your feet, your eyes focused on the turmoil of the dark water below, slamming into the rocks and cliff faces before retreating again, only to come back with the same devastating power.

Taking a deep breath you jump, focusing on the Force around you and using it to propel you forward to the first column. It crumbled slightly under your feet, making it impossible to stand on for any length of time without falling to a painful death.

A sudden whoosh came by your ears and you duck, managing to keep your balance on the rock as two more projectiles whizzed past your ear, so fast they were a blur.

You growled to yourself and focused again, leaping to the next stone.

A stone heading for your chest caused you lose your focus for one moment, with a shout you lose the Force around you, your hands flailing as you start to drop.

An invisible bond closes around you and you float back to the other side of the cliff, your scream still held in your closed mouth, but your heart beating fast.

"You need to stay calm, even in a stressful situation." Luke offered you his mechanical hand, "If you can't focus you will be dead before you even reach your first guard."

He helped you up and turned as you brushed yourself off.

"Your aim is improving, Rey." He praises her.

That was something else about this little training game, the projectiles were being aimed at you by none other than someone who seemed to hate you.

Rey smiled, her eyes lighting up. "Thanks."

"Kylo, good catch." Luke reaches Kylo, rolling his eyes slightly as he repeated the same recognition he had been having to use for the past hour as you practised.

You walk over to Luke, your heart still racing from your near fall.

"Master Luke, can we try something else?" You ask, not sure if you can survive further shocks, or even what seemed like murder attempts from Rey.

Luke eyed you, for a moment and then gave in, nodding.

"Force illusions," Luke announced, sitting on a rock and looking around at you, Rey and Kylo. "Powerful, difficult to learn."

Kylo stared at him as did Rey, you glanced around at them, your eyes lingering on Kylo's face.

"The ability to make something out of nothing, but not make nothing out of something." Luke's voice abruptly changed.

"Understand?" Said Leia Organa. Sitting in the spot of Luke, she gazed around, watching various reactions.

You paused. "Force disguise?" You question, looking closely at her.

"Masquerade." Said Luke, suddenly appearing in the spot of Leia once more. "Projecting an image of my choice onto your mind."

Kylo raised his eyebrows, impressed.

A porg suddenly walked out from behind the rock, wandering up to stand in the centre of the small semi-circle the three of you had formed around Luke.