Part 39: Unrequited

Your eyes snap open as if you had been stabbed with a saber, you feel a short flashing pain in your head.

It disappears as quickly as it came, but a searing hot feeling takes a moment to disappear.

"Kylo?" You whisper, shaking his shoulder. He remains asleep, his face calm, opposite to how you are feeling at this moment.

"Kylo!" You repeat, more urgent.

Kylo jolts awake, his eyes darting around the room as he sits bolt upright.

"Is everything alright?" He asks, breathless.

"I... Didn't you feel that?" You question, placing a calming hand on his chest.

"Feel what?" He asks with a frown and brushes a piece of your hair from your face.

You frown and pull the sheet towards yourself tighter. By now the searing pain was beginning to fade as if it didn't happen.

"Must have been a bad dream..." You reply, running your fingers through your hair and sighing.

Kylo reaches up and pulls your hands from your face, instead placing his hands on your cheeks.

"I wish this was a bad dream, Y/N." He sighs and places a kiss on your forehead.

You nod back at him, trying to hold your tears at bay as he smiles at you sadly.

Kylo brings his arms around your back, pulling you on top of him.

You straddle him and smile down at him, slowly forgetting your dream as he grins back.

"Let's forget about this for a moment." He whispers, his voice low and clear.

Leaning forwards you bring your lips in line with his and tease him, staying an inch from his.

"Okay." You whisper, your lips just brushing his as you speak.

Unable to wait, Kylo takes hold of your hips and flips you onto the bed, hovering above you.

He brings his lips down to meet yours, hungrily taking them in.

You tangle your hands into his hair, replying to his feverish kissing with the same level of passion.

Trailing a line from your lips he leaves his marks on your collar bones, moving lower and lower to the neckline of your shirt.

Giggling slightly you push him away and lift your shirt, tossing it across the room and pulling him back down to you.

With smiling lips, he attacks your chest, covering every inch of your skin in kisses, while you reply in moans, running your fingers through the strands of your hair.

You arch your back as Kylo reaches your waistband, gripping it and tugging it down.

"Ren. I need your..." The sound of the door opening causes you to freeze, opening your eyes that had been shut in ecstasy.

The voice stutters.

Kylo pulls up the covers over your body and turns, his face angry.

"Apologies, I should have..." The slightly accented lilt to the voice sounds embarrassed, but you were willing to bet they were nowhere near as embarrassed as you were.

You pull the sheets up to your throat and feel your cheeks burn, hidden behind Kylo it was impossible to tell who had spoken.

"What, Hux?" Kylo demanded, his voice cold.

Oh, you thought. If it was possible to blush a deeper shade, you were sure that at this moment you would have.

"Uh, it requires some discreet behaviour... I can return in five minutes?"

Even though you couldn't see him, you could imagine his face, he certainly sounded awkward. Perhaps his face shade would match his hair.

"Go then." Kylo snarled and you heard the door shut behind him.

Finally able to lift your face from where you had buried it into your knees you meet Kylo's gaze.

"Why does that always happen?" You moan and fall back onto the pillows.

Kylo laughs, although his eyes are troubled and dark.

"I guess it's our luck." He grins and sweeps forwards, covering your face with tiny quick kisses.

Giggling, you push him off, holding the sheets around yourself you swing your legs off the edge of the bed and go in search of your shirt.

"He'll be back soon, and this time I intend to be dressed." You mutter, stumbling over to your shirt and pulling it on. "What do you think he wants?" You ask, turning to Kylo when you were covered.

Kylo still sat on his knees on the bed, deep in thought.

"Probably doing Ara's bidding." He answers, running his hand through his hair.

"You don't think..." You begin to question, but Kylo cuts you off, looking over to you.

"They'll be okay Y/N. From what I could tell, Ara doesn't understand her power yet." He motions for you to come over with his arms wide.

Wandering over you collapse into his arms, not wanting to mention the Stormtroopers or the terrified look in Hux's eyes. Instead, you lay your head on his shoulder.

After a few minutes comes a knock at the door. Smiling slightly Kylo stands and goes to the door.

"Come on in, Hux." He answers, his voice cool. Your blush begins to return, but now being able to see Hux you realise is very pink.

Hux pulled at his collar uncomfortably, he looked both ways down the corridor, as if waiting for someone.

"I need to come in." He announced and entered the room, the doors shut instantly behind him. Once he was standing by the bed, his body seemed to relax slightly, as if he had let out a large sigh of relief.

Once Kylo had eyed Hux for long enough to make the room thick with tension, you realised you needed to speak up.

"What do you want, Hux?" You ask him, careful to keep your voice even.

Trying to avoid your gaze, he focuses on the floor.

"I wish to speak to Ren." He clears his throat, even though he wasn't looking at you, he couldn't hold back a glare.

"If you wish to speak to me, you speak to her as well," Kylo growled, moving to place a hand on your shoulder. Lifting your eyes you meet Hux's, challenging him to look away first.

Finally, Hux broke his gaze, nodding awkwardly, once again he brought his fingers up to his collar, trying to loosen it.

Gesturing towards a chair he sat and took a deep breath.

"Something is wrong with Ara." He said. You noted his voice was shaking, his hands clasped in front of him as he swallowed thickly.

"We noticed that." Kylo shot back, not impressed.

Hux looked up for a moment before looking back down at his hands, which he wrung in front of himself unsteadily.

"I need your help." He replied, his voice cracking.

Kylo rolled his eyes and crossed his arms without answering.

"Please, you don't understand... I need her back." Your eyes widened as you watched Hux's eyes start to swim with tears. He wiped at them aggressively, sniffing, but he couldn't stop his lips from trembling.

Kylo opened his mouth to reply but you silenced him.

Peering closely at Hux, you waited until he was looking back at you.

"You love her, don't you?" You ask, the idea dawning on you. You tried to quell the twist in your stomach as you awaited the answer.

Did Ara, the old Ara, love that monster?

But then again, had Kylo not been a monster to you once?

Hux opened and closed his mouth once or twice, staring at you, a tear finally escaping but he didn't care to brush it away.

"I love her." He whispered, his voice barely audible, cracked with tears. "I love Ara."