Part 22: Saviour

"Ammonia poisoning. We need medical assistance." Kylo talks into the ship's mic, his voice raspy.

You wipe your tears, wincing as you stare down at your blistered hands.

"Arrival in approximately seven minutes." Kylo glances behind him, his eyes and lips swollen, but he catches your eye and nods.

You draw your knees up to your chest, looking over to Poe.

Finn still crouches next to him, holding his chin up to allow him to breathe.

A thin layer of sweat covers Poe's forehead, making his red skin glisten.

You close your eyes, hearing the screams fill your head again. The room spins as you look up again, your body radiating heat.

"Uh, guys?" Finn croaks.

You look over to him, waiting for the room to steady itself again.

"Poe's eyes?" He holds Poe's eyelids open, shining his torch into each in turn.

"What?" You stretch out your legs and get off the bed, stumbling over to Finn.

Poe's eyes are a glazed milky grey colour, as Finn moves his torch between Poe's eyes they remain unresponsive.

"What's happening to him?" You bring your hand to Poe's chest, feeling the faint but rapid heartbeat. Heat is emitting from his body. His breath wheezes through his open mouth, his lungs sounding dull.

Kylo rushes over, reaching out to steady himself on the wall. He takes a look at Poe and swears, he turns Poe onto his side, grabbing his hand, revealing a blue tinge to the tips of his fingers.

Kylo drops his hand and turns to the cockpit again, as he jogs his knees buckle and he collapses, bringing his hands forwards to catch him.

"Kylo!" You gasp, regretting it as the air burns past your throat, the room tilting dangerously.

He stands up again, trailing his hand along the wall to keep his balance and falls into the pilot chair.

"Arrival in two minutes, we need a crew ready." He coughs, drawing back his hand from his mouth, covered in blood. He swears and straps himself into the chair.

You turn back to Poe, watching the blue spread over his lips. His chest heaving.

Finn catches your eyes, fear betrayed on his own.

You reach out a hand and grab him, resting your joint hands gently on Poe's back, while you stroke the hair off Poe's face with your free hand. Not letting the blisters deter you.

Kylo tightens his hands on the controls.

Hold on tight, get out straight away when we land. Don't wait.

You turn your head to Kylo, confused.

What will you be doing?

Kylo closes his eyes, struggling to keep his consciousness as his head spins.

You close your eyes, the pain in your throat burns like a forest fire, spreading at speed. Its smoke causes your lungs to burn and your eyes to water. Your breaths were becoming quick gasps as you struggled to keep your head above the smog.

Like the tide coming into shore the dizziness washes over you, unable to keep your eyes open much longer you succumb to the darkness, feeling the world finally still around you.

"Faster! Get the girl, Leia's orders!" You feel arms slide behind your head, gently lifting you up. Too weak to open your eyes you let your head rest against the chest of the voice. It moves into a jog, jostling you uncomfortably, your head lolls and you open your eyes as far as possible. Getting the vague outline of various bodies, all moving around the ship. You see some crouch around a figure on the ground, another slinging his arm around and half lifting another body.