Part 23: Together

"I'll never tell you..." Ara's voice was weak, broken.

"Oh come now. You just need a little... Push. "Hux's voice was silky smooth, his hair immaculate as ever, but instead of his stiff coat and cape he wore a grey shirt, rolled up to show off his strong forearms and exposing his chest slightly as well.

As Hux punctuated the last word he moved closer to Ara, bringing his branding saber close to her chin.

Ara bent away from the saber as far as she could, with the wrists and ankles shackled, it wasn't far.

"Scared, are we?" Hux let the branding weapon extinguish, bringing his face close to Ara's that their lips nearly touched. "A nurse would be useful. One of your talent... Very useful indeed."

Hux let his eyes wander down to Ara's lips, his eyes softened but so slightly that Ara didn't even notice.

"I would never work for you." Ara turned her head, Hux instead being forced to stare at her jaw, her chest heaving with panicked breaths she tried to hide.

"Oh, Ara. If you don't comply, Snoke will just have to come back..." Hux took a step back and turned to the side, running his hand through his hair and dislodging a few strands which fell over his forehead. "I know how much... Fun... You two had."

Hux turns his head again, waiting for Ara's reaction. Instead, she kept her face turned to the side. Trying her best to hide her expression from Hux's eyes.

"Please..." She took a deep breath and her eyes met Hux's again for a brief moment, before being brought back and lingering on his green eyes.

Hux swallowed, his shoulders slumping slightly, making the shirt stretch over his back muscles which Ara could just glimpse.

"The First Order will be happy to have you." Hux straightened again, rolling his sleeves down. "Farewell, Ara."

He walked from the room, buttoning his shirt in the hallway once more. The two stormtroopers by the door glanced at each other behind his back as they watched him stride away. A hint of a blush on his cheeks that was just noticeable.

"Y/N!" Leia's voice was relieved. She swept over from the window at which she had been standing and brought her hand up to your face, gently avoiding the bruises and raw skin as she caressed your cheek.

"Leia..." You smile at her weakly. Without the support of Lieutenant James, you felt your energy waning.

"Please, sit." She motions over to a chair by the window, her eyes full of concern.

She sits down opposite you and places her hands in her lap, eyeing you cautiously.

"I assume you wish to know what happened?" You question, levelling off your gaze with her, playing with your fingers.

She shifts uncomfortably, dropping her gaze and speaks.

"If you are not too unwell, I understand that you were injured." She hides her desperation to know well. Her voice makes you think of a mother, while her intentions are clearly that of a General.

"Snoke led us of course, there was nothing we could do." You recount the story to her, starting with the ship problems and finishing at the last you remember before waking up, pausing to close your eyes and breathe when you became too light headed. Leia sat and didn't interrupt. Deep in thought.

"So... Kylo took Snoke's Force?" She finally speaks, looks intriguing. She sits up straighter, her eyes are bright.

"Only temporarily, we don't know exactly how it happened." You shrug. "Speaking of Kylo..."