Part 44: Quell

"How are you going to lure them here?" You ask Kylo, finally unable to keep pacing the huge throne room in silence.

The room was completely different, now no longer dominated by the tall masked guards, the room had lost its terrifying energy.

"The one thing Rey wants... I feel it, it will bring her here." Kylo's voice was quiet as he stayed sitting on the floor, his feet dangling over the ledge opposite the throne.

"Stop being so cryptic Kylo, what are you going to do?" You demand, running your hand through your hair nervously.

"He knows what he's doing Y/N, just trust him." Finn sighs, his voice tired and strained.

You let out an angered sigh, it wasn't good enough.

"Shut up Finn," You turn away from him before you can see his response. "just because you used to be the most feared asshole in the galaxy doesn't mean you don't tell us what's going on."

Kylo stands slowly, his toes on the edge of the platform as he remains silent.

"I was once the most feared asshole in the galaxy for a reason." His voice was quiet, it was dangerous. For a moment you had the fleeting feeling of fear in your stomach, an echo of the days when Kylo Ren was the man who you hated and the man responsible for your pain. "I don't need your approval, Y/N."

Apart from the rhythmic rise and fall of his shoulders, he was completely still as he stood facing away from you.

Finn didn't say a word, but you ignored him anyway. "Don't treat me like a child, Ren." You reply, hoping the acid in your words would burn him. But you didn't wish that. Even as you thought of that you felt your heard shrink slightly.

"Don't act like one and trust me then." His voice had become harder than steel, colder than the snow on Ilum.

You didn't reply for a couple seconds, rage and remorse pounding through your body, making your heart beat faster.

"Shut your mou..." You began to say when Finn interrupted.

"What's that sound?" Finn's voice broke through the tension in the room as if he had shattered a mirror.

Kylo finally turned, stepping nimbly away from the edge of the precipice as he did so.

"What sound?" Kylo asked, his voice still holding lingering shadows of his anger.

As Kylo said those words you heard it, the rhythmic sound of boots approaching.

"Kylo your saber!" You gasp, fear making you widen your eyes.

The footsteps were getting faster. Only one pair...

"That can't be the group..." Finn said as he adjusted his blaster on his shoulder, moving closer to the door and crouching.

"Kylo..." You warned as he continued to stand still, his saber held loosely in his hand as yours glowed brightly.

"I can see who it is..." He mumbled and shut his eyes.

"Kylo!" You hissed, the footsteps now only being what must be metres away.

"Hux." Kylo's eyes snapped open at the same time as the door did.

"Nice deduction." Finn rolled his eyes and brought down his blaster, getting up from his crouch.

Hux stood at the door panting, as you gazed at him and he continued to stay silent apart from his gasping breath you realised something.