Part 25: Blow

"Snoke better put braille on his boots so I know when he's coming..." Poe muttered under his breath then grinned, squinting around the room at where he assumed people were standing.

"How is he okay with this?" You stare at Finn and Kylo. Both of which shrug, their faces also examples of confusion.

Poe had managed to joke his way through the past couple of hours, his body now healed thanks to Kylo.

"Well... You heard the doctor, the likelihood it is only temporary..." Finn trailed off, he had his arms crossed once more as he stood staring down at Poe with his forehead creased.

"Surely this isn't the... normal reaction?" You watch Poe as he holds his hand in front of his face, his left eye centring on it and his right staying unfocused.

"Have you notified Leia?" Kylo questions, also watching Poe carefully, frowning.

You knew Kylo saw this as his fault, while he had managed to heal Poe's skin, he hadn't been able to cure his eyes.

Finn looks up at him and nods, then his gaze moves to the door.

Leia sweeps in, frowning. She strides over to the bed where Poe is sitting, his legs swinging off the edge.

"Dameron. How do you feel?" Her eyes are filled with concern.

"Absolutely fine ma'am, if not a little lopsided." He grinned but sat up straighter.

The doctor marched in, looking flustered.

"His left eye is in much better condition, it is very likely to be fully functioning in the near future." She crossed her arms but shuffled around awkwardly when Leia focused her gaze on her.

"Thank you, Dr Mulligan, is it?" The nurse nodded nervously.

"You see... The healing... It wasn't a good idea." She gushed, and then avoided eye contact with the rest of the room.

Leia didn't break her gaze but tilted her head slightly.

"The healing?" She asked, stepping closer to the nurse.

"Y...Yes." She looked terrified.

"What type of healing, Dr Mulligan?" Leia continued to stare at the nurse intently, you found yourself feeling slightly sorry for her.

The nurse instead of replying lifted her arm and pointed towards you and Kylo, her hand trembling.

"Ren." Leia speaks, her voice dangerously quiet and calm.

She turns back to the doctor.

"Please, leave us." The doctor nods and stumbles out of the door. Lieutenant James follows her out of the door.

"You healed him?" Her words are clipped, her eyes dark.

"I have Snoke's abilities, Leia." Kylo's hand tightens on yours slightly, but his voice is even.

Leia freezes, her mouth hangs open.

"I... I thought you just temporarily impaired them..." Her eyes are wide.

"I... I can feel them, Leia." He releases your hand to look at his. "I feel it everywhere."

She gazes at him.

"We need Luke." She murmurs.

"We can't reach him, Leia, we already tried." You speak up.

Leia looks uncomfortable, her eyes dart to Finn, even Poe looks more alert.

"Y/N... The mission, it wasn't to travel to Luke, it was to test if Snoke was still in control of your minds." Leia rubs her eyes, uncharacteristically showing weakness.