Part 26: Love

"An original Republic stealth ship?" Poe's voice was breathless. "I didn't know we had one."

You and Kylo had eventually found the others in the hangar, as promised, Leia had organised a ship.

The ship was long and thin, mostly grey, with red paint. It was managing to take up most of the room in the hangar, other ships had been taken to the side.

You watched Lieutenant James gape at it, his mouth hanging open. He and Poe talked quickly and excitedly, relaying various facts, their eyes wide. Even if only 60 percent of the eyes gazing worked.

"Its... Big?" You mumble, shrugging at Finn, who stared back at you equally nonplussed.

"I just had to be mostly blind now, didn't I?" Poe shakes his head, his hands resting on his hips in annoyance, his voice carrying over to you and Finn.

You glance over to Finn out of the corner of your eyes and see him doing the same, you both manage to keep in your laughter though.

Kylo was also staring, but he stood off to the side, avoiding Finn, and for some reason, you assumed Lieutenant James.

"Come on then, I'm sure the inside will be just as interesting!" Lieutenant James holds out his arm and Poe enthusiastically takes it, allowing himself to be led into the ship, BB-8 following making excited noises.

"It is quite big..." Kylo stares at it, his forehead wrinkling. "Leia said it was the best for what we need though."

"Well, I hear it is called a Stealth Ship..." You gesture to where Poe and Tyler had been standing, smirking. "Surely we will be fine?"

Kylo grins back at you and jokingly rolls his eyes.

"Yes, ship expert." He uncrosses his arms and holds out his hand to you. "Come on then"

You slide your fingers between his and walk up the ramp together.

The ship's interior was grey like most other ships you had travelled in, with a narrow but long corridor leading straight to the left and right. Kylo started in one direction, still holding your hand.

Throughout the walk, you noted doors lining both sides of the hallway, the closer you came to the front of the ship the further apart they become.

"Dorms, eventually becoming occupation rooms and important crew's quarters." Kylo looked out of the corner of his eye at you, staring at each metal entrance.

"How do you know everything about ships?" You ask him, grabbing his other hand and making him stop, mischief in your eyes. "Don't tell me you are going to start acting like Poe and Tyler!"

You laugh, stepping onto your tiptoes to plant a quick peck on his lips. As much as you didn't want to admit it, he had done a good job healing his lip.

"Oh," He started, teasing back, his eyes glittering. "I used to learn all about them with my da..." He froze, his eyes suddenly losing their humour.

He cleared his throat and looked down, not meeting your eyes.

You squeeze his hands, willing him to look back up at you. When he finally does, his smile is sad.

"His ship was the fastest in the galaxy." He grins at the ceiling as he says this, a long-standing joke that you didn't know.

When he meets your gaze again his eyes are glassy, his smile gone.

You place your hands on either side of his face and reach up, giving him a light kiss.