Part 43: Determination

"They could be anywhere, they can get anywhere. There is nothing we can do." Kylo finished explaining the current situation and ran his hands irritably through his hair again.

"We need to come up with a plan then?" Tyler answered, becoming the first to speak up after the silence while everyone listened to Kylo talk about the situation.

Kylo pursed his lips slightly and nodded, his gaze far off. "I don't know how we fix this..." He began, biting his thumbnail.

"We just have to stop Ara and Rey before they get too strong. We can do that." Poe rubs his hands together hopefully, gazing around the room with a look of encouragement.

After a few seconds of silence in which nobody made eye contact, you decide to speak up. "Poe is right. We can stop them, we need our weapons."

You frown, even the first task seeming daunting.

"I know where they are," Hux announced, his voice quiet yet still holding the authoritative tone he had always displayed.

You turn to face him, half forgetting he was there and nod, Hux would make this easier.

"Thank you... Kylo? What do you think?" You finally turn to face him.

Kylo raised his head slowly, strands of his hair fell across his face from the numerous times he had raked his hands through it in desperation. Taking a deep breath he opened his mouth.

"There is nothing else we can do. Let's find our weapons and save them." He spoke, his hands shaking slightly as he finished.

Raising a small smile you give him a reassuring nod, then turn to Hux.

"Okay, where are they?" Hux meets your gaze for a second before turning without a word and walking from the room.

"Follow me." He calls back, and with no other option, you leave the room.

The hallway contained nearly no trace of the battle that had recently occurred, although the singular drop of blood that stood out against the floor was enough to make Poe, Tyler and Finn skirt around it.

Hux's strides were short and varied, illustrating his nervousness.

"What happens if one of them is already dead..." You ask Kylo, careful to keep your voice low. "They would come for us next."

Kylo glances at you and bows his head. "We can only hope they don't. Besides, they were playing with each other."

He reaches down and grasps your hand.

"We need to hope they come before they understand their power too much." Kylo's voice was starting to verge on higher volumes as he struggled to keep his voice even. He was scared you realised. And that terrified you.

Walking the halls that you had left behind made your heart beat faster, you recognised doors, places you had been forced to clean for the masters that wanted nothing but power.

You were nearing it, the place that changed you. Weeks spent training with Kylo, Snoke using you as a puppet in his games, testing you and your power.

Kylo, as if he knew drew you in closer to his shoulder, propping you up while your steps became shaky.

And there it was.

Like it happened yesterday, you stared at the spot the cleaner had lain, broken and bent. You wondered who had found her body, who had disposed of it. The blood that had run from her hairline. A delicate line on her pale skin.

Katrina. She was a victim of Snoke.

Anger burned inside you the closer your steps came to the corner that the innocent body lay crumpled.

Snoke had snuffed out lives, but he was not going to hurt Ara. You resolve, clenching your teeth together so hard you felt a dull pain begin in your jaw.

Hux continued to walk, passing the spot and down another familiar corridor, but the fire in your body was silencing the memories, gently you pull away from Kylo and walk with a renewed determination.

"Right here." Hux stopped, his heels pushed together with an old memory of his forgotten position.

The door was small and insignificant, inside was a chair and a basin, blood stained the floor by the chair. You noticed Hux deliberately skirting far from the drops.

"This was where," his voice broke slightly, "Ara was here when she arrived." He finished.

Your eyes widen and you glance down at the blood again.

"Right," Poe spoke up, his voice steely.

Hux's lip trembled slightly.

"They should be here." He forced out, walking to a cabinet that contained medical supplies.

A small smile despite the situation danced over your lips as you looked at the partially empty bottles of disinfectant and bandages. Expertly Hux rewrapped a bandage that had become tangled and placed it on the counter to push aside the other supplies.

Sure enough, hidden behind the chemicals lay your sabers and blasters, stacked neatly.

"Uh, here," Hux mutters, a blush rising up his cheeks, noticing your smile.

He reaches into the compartment and passes the weapons around.

"What do you have?" Kylo asked, fiddling with his saber.

Hux reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny pistol, scratching the side of his head with it nervously.

"It's not much but..." Hux started when Poe interrupted.

"If I remember correctly, that little thing is plenty enough."

"Oh," Hux replied, the blush deepening on his face.

Poe kept his gaze steady for a few seconds, just as you were about to speak up, worried he wouldn't back down Poe cracked a smile.

"Doesn't matter much now, does it?" He says softly and turns to Tyler, helping him adjust his blaster.

Hux lowered the pistol his mouth slightly open.

Kylo cleared his throat. "What do we have plan wise?" He announced, breaking Hux out of his stupor with raised eyebrows.

"We need to find them fast before they get too strong." You begin, wringing your hands nervously.

"We need to make sure we get to them, they can't find us, surprise is the only way this will work," Tyler said, his eyebrows furrowed as he nervously bit at his cuticles.

Kylo nodded, leaning on the back of the chair dominating the room with his forearms crossed.

"Hux, you and I know this place the best. We split up, take a group to separate places." Kylo began, formulating a plan as he stayed leaning against the chair. Although his body language reflected a relaxed manner, his voice was hard and authoritative.

"Hux, take Tyler and Poe. I will go with Y/N and Finn..." He pointed at the two men who nodded. "Take the second room on corridor 16a" Kylo paused, "We'll be in the throne room."

Hux took on a meek look but didn't disagree.

"How do you know that Ara and Rey will be in that area?" Tyler asked.

"I have a plan." Kylo stated, not expanding.

Perhaps it was the nervous energy in the room but nobody challenged Kylo any further. In silence you file from the room, questions filling your mind.