02.

Liked by therealkylesister and kingkeraun and princessraegan and 3,765 others

simply.icess- whatchu think they all mad at me for?😘

Icess
Rutgers, Newark
June 10, 2019

"look at what she's wearing."

"you heard she had a baby the other day, why she not with her baby?"

"she a bad ass mom, i heard she don't even know who the father is."

I continued to take down my notes, ignoring the bitter ass bitches behind me. I'm not the type of person to just jump on you and start fighting you because you talking about me. I'm more of a silent fighter, i wait until they finish talking about me and then i simply ask them if they wanna fight, because i don't have time for arguing.

Like my mother said, "either pop off or shut the fuck up", they continued to cackle behind me, talking about how ugly and fat i am and how i'm such a hoe.

I payed attention to my professor, copying down the words on the powerpoint he was presenting. A couple minutes had passed and the bell rung, i placed my things in my bag and turned around, "you got something to say to my face?" i questioned, watching them laugh.

"what are you talking about." Briana asked, stupidly. she was actually my cousin but we never really liked each other because she was always jealous and annoying.

"it's really simply either swing on me or shut the fuck up because none of you have room to talk about me or my child. I don't spend my time talking about what y'all got going on in y'all lives so why are y'all talking about me? Especially you as my cousin, i could easily tell everyone how your a whole baby cemetery and Chelsea let's not talk about baby daddies because all of your baby fathers have no neck."

i knew a lot about everyone but i've never made it my business to announce it because it was never my business to begin with, but when you talk about me and mine it's a whole nother situation.

"That's what i though, keep my name out y'all mouth." I walked out of class, leaving them speechless. I don't have time for irrelevant comments from people who don't even know me like that.

I walked towards the bus stop, and sat beside some random woman. My phone rung and it read, Princess Raegan👑. I answered my phone, immediately smiling when her face appeared.

It had been about 2 weeks since i last saw her, but that night she called me 15 times until i actually answered. It was now our afternoon ritual to talk to each other everyday before i go to work and school.

"Heyyyy icey. i missed you, where heaven?" she squealed excitedly, looking around.

"Heyyy rae, she's at the hospital still. how you miss me and we just got off the phone a few hours ago." she looked at me with a stern look, rolling her eyes.

"that was a long long long time ago, are you coming to my recital." she smiled brightly, batting her eyes. she knew exactly how to make people do anything she wanted them to do.

"i don't know, ask daddy if i can come." i heard shuffling going on the other end and then the screen was blank, i was confused until she picked the phone up.

"oops, i'm sorry i dropped you icey." she giggled, running.

"Raegan what you doing in there." i heard keraun's deep voice say, immediately sending shivers down my spine.

"daddy, look. iceys on the phone, can she come to my recital." she said, handing him the phone.

"who do you think you are?" i laughed, looking at his attire. He had this crown on his head and he looked like a damn fool.

"whatchu mean, munchkin show her daddy fit." he passed the phone to raegan and she flipped the phone around. When i saw his outfit, i started to laugh out loud, watching him pose. I placed my hand over my mouth, trying to hide my laughter from the other people waiting because they kept looking at me like i was crazy.

"omg, keraun

"omg, keraun. stooop, look at your knees." i laughed, watching him take the phone from her and smile showing his dimples.

"shut up, what's this about you wanting to see my baby's recital?" he questioned. "you wanna be part of the wave."

i playfully scrunched my face up, "i don't wanna be part of ya booty behind wave, i'm just tryna support my munchkin." i shrugged, watching him glare at me.

"you know you don't call her no damn munchkin." he looked me up and down, rolling his eyes.

"i can't with you. listen, i'll talk to you later raegan, my bus is pulling up." i stood up, waiting for the bus to stop so that i could hop on. "kingy boo just text me later." i smiled, listening to him laugh.

"stop calling me that shit, didn't i tell you to call me when you needed a ride. you need a ride from work to the hospital later?"

"i'll let you know later, give raegan the phone." her smiling face came into view.

"i'll call you later." she nodded. "that means that you don't call me a million times, okay." she nodded again, i heard keraun laughing in the background. "kisses." we both kissed the screen, waving bye.

I hung up the phone and grabbed my money out of my pocket, preparing myself for the 2 bus rides i would have to take, just to get to work.