20.

Unedited

"You're a bitch ass nigga, I swear to god. I promise you, my friend and niece will ALWAYS be good without your punk ass." Raven yelled, as the guard escorted her out of the courtroom.

After Jidenna said he wanted to sign his rights over, I didn't know how to explain the emotions I felt... I wasn't hurt but I wasn't happy either. All of my emotions weren't towards what he said but how my daughter would feel as she grew up.

We had Keraun but who knew how long me and him would last. I didn't want my daughter to grow up and be mad at me because I kept picking the wrong person, at this point I just needed to be alone. No keraun, no jidenna, no relationship, I just needed to be by myself so that I could be the best mother I could be to my daughter and Raegan.

"Enough this is the worst case I've seen in my 12 years of being a judge. Now, who are you and why are you here." She said, pointing at my mother and sister.

"Well, your honor, Icess is my daughter and I'm just here to seek temporary custody of my granddaughter because her mother is unfit. She's immature and I fear for my granddaughters safety, I've seen her mother get upset with her and hit her on her legs and... I'm sorry." I watched my mother fake cry as my sister sat beside her, rubbing her back. "I just want my grand baby to be safe."

"Do you have any evidence of this neglect and abuse?"

"No, only what me and my daughter have seen." She said, nudging my sister to stand up.

"And what have you seen?" The judge asked, as I grabbed my baby from Jidennas mom.

"Well, I've seen my sister yell at the baby and let her cry for several hours. She's just not ready to be a mother and if you can't grant my mother custody please give her to me because-"

"I've let both of y'all talk down on me, talk about me and talk about my child. None of you know anything about my parenting because of the simple fact that y'all haven't seen her but one time. As my mother I should've expected more of you but I really don't, you haven't been a mother to me at all. You let your boyfriend rape me multiple times and you did nothing about it. You let him rape me and when he got caught you got mad at me, told me that I pushed myself on him. I was a little girl and now that I'm grown and I have my own child, you've only taught me what not to do. I'll be damned if any of you take the child I birthed away from me because y'all are jealous." I spat causing my mothers eyes to widen in shock.

"How dare you talk to your mother like that, I've done nothing but try to-"

"You didn't try to do anything but break me down, and as far as you ari, I expected more from you, especially with all I've done for you. I took beatings for you, I got raped for you and for you to sit here and co-sign with your mother is ridiculous. I always put you before me, no matter what, I'd give you the shirt off my back if I had to and you're sitting in my face talking about how bad a mother I am. Nobody knows what I go through, but these people beside me, I worry about my baby everyday, wondering if she's gonna stop breathing and if God's gonna give me just one more day with her" I cried, watching my sister put her head down. "Everyday is another struggle and I try to fight and fight but people like y'all don't wanna see me happy. Listen to me when I say this, whatever relationship we had before this is over, don't call me, don't text me, don't think about me. I am done with all of you." Keraun tried to wrap his arms around me but I pushed him away.