~3~

a picture of Daniel above :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into my fathers' room I see his pale body laying on the bed staring into the nothing of his world. My heart gets heavier every step I take to him and I look at him. His eyes are dull and you see his bones through his skin and I shake my head. It is time for him to go. Even if it will hurt his children. he needs to be with his mate. 'Daddy?' I mumble and I see a slight movement in his eyes before his head turns to me. 'Hi.' I say slowly sitting beside him on the bed. 'Charlie.' He says with a weak smile and I smile back at him holding back the tears. 'How have you been?' he asks with some cracks in his voice. 'It has been amazing daddy. I missed you guys so much when I was there.' I say taking his hand in mine and he nods. 

'It is almost time Charlie... I can see her.' My dad says and he looks again to the wall. 'You see mom?' Mike asks and he stands beside me staring at my father. 'Yes. My beautiful mate.' My father mumbles and I smile at mike who wipes his tears away knowing he had to be strong. For the sake of our parents.

'Before I leave you alone. Happy birthday Charlie.' Dad says to me and he pulls out a box with a big red ribbon out of his cupboard. 'Mike already got his present.' Dad says and I smile at him. 'Thank you. For everything.' I say and I hug my dad who coughs. 'Remember one thing Charlie, always be yourself. Don't change for others and don't let them use you for your powers.' father says and I nod.

'Now my dear Family. I love you.' My father says and his eyes slowly close. I listen to his heartbeat that suddenly disappears and I stand up. 'No.' I say as i let the tears flow out of my eyes and Mike takes me in his embrace. 'NO.' I scream and the building shakes while I scream. I feel arms wrap around me and pull me back to reality. 'Charlie calm down your eyes.' Daniel says and I look at the mirror to see that my eyes are golden. 'He is dead Charlie... Please calm down.' Daniel says and he nods to mike who stares at our father's dead body. 'Mike try to get some sleep it has been a rough day. For all of us.' Daniel mumbles and Mike walks out of the room probably to his own room to mourn for himself.

Daniel picks me up in bridal Style and I lean my head against his shoulder while he walks me to my room. I see pack members walking to my fathers' room wanting to bid him farewell.

'What did I miss.' I mumble as Daniel sets me on the bed and he sighs. 'Please Daniel.' I say and he nods sitting beside me. 'So Mike got a new best friend... His name is James and he got here last year. I kind of don't like him.' He says and I nod. 'Do I need to stay with you?' Daniel asks and I nod at him. he pulls off his T-shirt and stays in his sweatpants. I pull on some sweatpants to and a sweater over my Sports bra. I step into my bed and Daniel lays beside me pulling me into his chest. 

I never had feelings for Daniel and he doesn't have feelings for me. He is my best friend and I will wait for my mate to come crashing into my life.
'Goodnight Charlie. Try to sleep.' Daniel mumbles before his soft snores fill the quiet room. Soon darkness takes over me and I fall asleep.