~5~

Pulling out some skinny jeans that were from my mother and a sweater that was my fathers I look into the mirror. Why did I run away? Did I fuck it up already? Probably, yes. Running away from your mate is not exactly a good gesture but with my fathers' death and all that has been going on, I couldn't think straight anymore. When Jame his scent hit me I panicked and yeah then this happened. Listening to the footsteps that walk to the door of my fathers' room I freeze slightly. 'Man, she needs some time to think.' The voice of my brother says and I hear a growl. 'She is Mine Mike.' James says and I shake slightly at his statement. 'James, our father just has died, she is going to be an alpha soon and she needs her fucking time to think.' Mike says. James growls annoyed. 

'Let me talk to her. Just go run outside in the woods. I will see you tonight.' Mike says to James. There is a knock on the door and I sigh deeply before standing up slowly. 'Charlie open up please?' Mike asks through the door and I open it slowly to see the handsome brown haired boy staring at me and Mike looking at me with sadness in his eyes. 'James go.' I mumble slowly and his eyes flicker with lust when I say his name. He nods with a sigh and walks away. I let Mike in and he sits on fathers bed looking around. 'So little sister why did you run away?' Mike asks and I groan. 'So first, He and Daniel were fighting about Daniel being in my room while I was in the shower. Then I came barging in and I realized he was my fucking mate. Everything kinda was too much and I ran.' I say simply and Mike nods.

'Just give him a chance okay? It hurts me to see you both broken.' Mike says and I nod while hugging him. 'What is tonight?' I ask realizing Mike said something to James about seeing him tonight. 'There is a dinner to celebrate you. We go running outside in our wolf form.' He says and I freeze. 'Wait you mean-' I try to say but he cuts me off. 'Yes, you have to shift into your wolf. They need to know what you are so they know why they should protect you.' He groans and I sigh. 'Have you checked every pack member that has been newly transferred to our pack?' I mumble and Mike nods. 'Yes, now get some rest. I will pick you up for dinner, And yes you will wear a dress.' He says fastly after and I growl at him before he walks out of the room.
I snuggle into the bed and soon sleep takes me over.

'Charlie! Wake up!' Someone yells into my ear and my head flies up to a hard object. I groan in pain and I open my eyes to see Mike looking pained on his head. 'Shit, you had to do that?' He asks and I roll my eyes at him.

'How long have I slept?' I ask him and he groans. 'You have five minutes to get ready. I thought you would wake up earlier.' He says and I jump out of fathers bed where I have been sleeping in. Running out of the room into my own I notice the casual black dress that lays on my bed. I sigh deeply pulling it on after I stripped out of my old clothes. I take a denim jacket from my closet and pull it on so that the look is done. I brush my hair and wash my face before walking downstairs to hear a lot of chattering from the pack members. We have quite a big pack with around 283 people that need to fit in one dining room so we have a huge ass dining room built for this kind of situation. 

I walk into the dining room and everyone becomes quiet as they stare at me with pride lingering in their eyes. I see James staring at me with lust in his eyes and I stare back at him while walking to my place at the head of the table. I quickly cut off my stare and I go sitting in my seat. On the left sits Mike and on my right sits Daniel. Everyone begins eating but I feel James his stare burning me in my head. 'Let me burn him.' A rough voice says in my head and I choke on my drink. 'Good to see you are back from your vacation.' I say in my head and I hear some snickering from my wolf. 'Hey, Zoe stop fighting over Phelia.' I say to her and I hear a growl before my head goes quiet again.

I hear a chair clattering and I see James storming out of the dining room with people looking confused at him. 'What does he have?' I say to Mike and he shakes his head. 'Just give him time.' he says and I nod not feeling hungry anymore.

'It's time Charlie.' Daniel says and I nod standing up.

It is time to show my true self. To know who I can trust and who not. I trust my pack with my heart and I know that they trust me too. Even if I am a girl ruling them. I won't disappoint them.