~8~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The sound keeps ringing in my air and I inhale slowly to think what the sound is. Where am I? I slowly open my eyes and I see a white ceiling above me. The smell of the pack hospital fills my nose and I groan low. Fuck. I slowly sit up and whimper in pain that fills my body once again. 'Charlie!' A voice next to me says and I look at Mike who stares at me like I have grown two heads. 'Do I have two heads?' I ask him and he slowly shakes his head. 'How long have I been out?' I ask plugging out the IV that has been stuck in my arm for probably to long. 'Don't-.' He says and I cut him off with a growl. 'Around.. 6 weeks..' He says and I freeze. 'Fuck. Is the pack alright?!' I say ready to run right back to my pack members. 'The pack is still the same Charlie. They are all worried about you. Daniel has taken over your duties for now.' Mike says and I nod slowly giving him a hug while groaning in pain. 'What happened? The place smelled like rogues and something vague.' Mike says and I look at him. 'Rogues and a vampire yes. We will discuss this later.' I say and he nods.

'I wanna talk to the pack.' I say and Mike nod before rolling a wheelchair into the room. I growl at the wheelchair and Mike rolls his eyes. Mike helps me get changed into normal clothes and sets me slowly into the wheelchair so he doesn't hurt me. He rolls me out of the pack hospital into the big meeting room and I feel the sadness hanging in the air. 'Please call the others in the pack link.' I say and Mike nods stopping the wheelchair. 'Pack meeting Now.' His cold voice sounds through my head an I sigh deeply. After a couple of minutes, all the pack members are standing in the meeting room and they stare with wide eyes at me. I have some bandages around my throat and my stomach but nothing else is wrong with me... I think. I see James standing by the door staring with regret in his eyes at me and Mike growls at him. 'Mike-.' I try to say but he runs after James who runs away to fearing for his own life.

'So I have been gone for a couple of weeks... We need to make stronger border patrols and have more of them. I have been attacked by rogues and a vampire that tried to kill me but didn't succeed. The pack looks worried at me and I shake my head. 'This won't be a danger to us. I will make sure of that.' I say letting my eyes glow red before turning my eyes to normal.

'And pack, I have found my mate. He totally isn't what I expected. I thought it would be a loving guy that would understand me and not kiss or fuck another woman. I see Mike running into the room still following James and I growl at them. 'Stop that right now.' I growl to them. 'Sorry, Alpha Charlie.' They say at the same time and I nod. 'That is why I have chosen to rule alone. To reject my mate.' I say and I see James freeze in the corner of my eye. The pack gasps and some yell in protest for me not to reject my fucking mate. 

'Charlie please no!" James says walking towards me but I stop him with a headshake. 'You have done it all yourself Mate.' I growl and the pack looks silently at me and James. They already know what he has done... 'I Charlie Stone Reject you-.' I feel my body fall to the ground and my eyes close with harsh growls filling my head.

'Charlie. Open your eyes.' An angelic voice says and I open my eyes to see the Woman that has done all of this standing before me. 'What the fuck?! You know It is my own choice!' I yell to her and The moon goddess sighs deeply. 'I have for you and James a lot of plans in the future my dear. You may not have the same thoughts as me but I stand higher above you and you know that.' She says and I growl at her. 'I hope those plans involve me killing him because I swear to fuck I will.' I say at her and I feel my skin slowly getting hotter and hotter. 'Sorry Charlie, it has to be this way.' She says and everything gets black again