~32~

Charlie POV

I drive in the front Range Rover and push the wheel around the bend as we head onto the highway. "So how are we going to do it now?" Daniel asks again. "We're going to Mark's house. There must be some traces or maybe a note telling us where we can get them in exchange for something. " I say dryly and Daniel looks at me strangely. I roll my eyes and drive quickly to Mark's house. I look through the mirror at the warriors sitting in the back seat and at the cars driving behind us. After a few hours of silent driving, we arrive at Mark, Elena and Sophie's house and Daniel looks out at the huge house. "They are wolves, right?" Ask one of the warriors and I nod. "They are rogue but they have a pretty good life." I mutter and I walk to the door to see that it is broken open. I see everyone getting out of their car and I look around for  sign from the enemy. "Watch out and be quiet." I say through the mind link and everyone walks quietly past the house.

"Enter the house on my sign." I say and Daniel is standing next to me while the rest is scattered. When everyone is ready I breathe in and out. "GO." I growl through the mind link and everyone breaks through doors and windows in. I let them see if there is any danger in the house and I find a scent of Sophie. I quickly follow it to her cute little room decorated with lots of dolls. I stop before I walk into the room and I take a pen from my pocket I always carry a special pen that breaks camera signals I click the pen out and a beep sounds as a sign that all cameras are disabled who might have been there. "No sight of a hostile target." Daniel says through the mind link. "Okay, look for clues." I say and I walk into Sophie's room, I catch a strange smell that smells of oil and I walk to the cupboard where the strange smell is strongest. It might be a week old so it is still good to smell. Sophie her scent is also the strongest at the cupboard and I close my eyes before I imagine the scene.

"There you are little." Says an old man and he grabs Sophie who is screaming for her parents. These are just images of what happened so I can't intervene. "You're coming with me for a while." He says and he looks dirty. Why I can see a scene through scents? I genuinely have no idea but I inherited it from my mother because she herself was blind. "Let me go!" Sophie shouts and the man suddenly hits her. "Fuck." I mutter and the images fade. Where does that oil smell come from? Wait. "Daniel is there an old abandoned Oil factory near here by chance?" I ask through the mind link. "Yes, do you think they are there? I have a strange oil smell here." He says and I smile. "Yes." I say and I quickly walk to the front door. "We're leaving!" I call and everyone comes running before they get into their car. This time I leave Daniel at the wheel and sit next to him. We soon drive onto a highway again and I play with a knife in my hands.

"Be careful not to hurt yourself." Daniel says and he looks sad. "That was a different time. I'm stronger. " I say and he nods with a deep sigh. 'We are almost there.' He says and I nod when I put the knife in my boot for emergencies. "Are we coming with you?" Says one of the warriors in the back seat. 'No you have to wait as a back-up with the others at the assembly point. I will report if something goes wrong. " I say and they nod before they look outside again in excitement. Daniel parks the car on a field hidden by trees so that they cannot notice us. I get out and everyone follows me quickly. 'Listen carefully. Only if I give a sign that you must help me, then you come. Otherwise, there will be major mistakes if you don't listen and that we cannot have. " I say and everyone nods. 'Daniel is in charge as he will soon be made as a full Beta. I trust you to respect him well. " I say and the others nod again. 'Good. I'll see you when I get back. " I mutter and I walk to the car to get my other weapons.

"Do you have everything?" Daniel asks and I nod with a weak smile. "What did you actually want to say before you were interrupted by Mike?" I ask and Daniel tightens. "I, um ... Listen, Charlie, I've been saying this to you for months, no, years even, but then James came." He says bitterly and I frown at him. "I ... I like you." He says and I tightened. "Daniel uhm .." I say but we are interrupted by a warrior. "It's time, it's getting dark." He says and I nod. "We'll talk later.' I say quietly and I grab some weapons quickly before I walk into the forest towards the factory. "Daniel likes us?" My wolf says confused and I nod slowly. I start running slowly so that I get there faster. "He's our best friend." Adds my Phoenix. "I don't know what to think about it. He has a mate in this world." I say softly and my wolf sighs deeply. "Let's worry there later. We're going to get Mark and his family back." Says Phoenix and I nod their thoughts with a narrow smile.

I will do everything to get them back.