~6~

'You ready?' Mike asks and I nod knowing I would have to do it. Looking at James who is staring back at me I sigh deeply knowing he will know it too.

'It is time to give a speech.' Daniel says and I nod walking in front of the pack who stare at me like they expect me to suddenly pop out an egg or something.' Welcome, everyone! It is a great pleasure to see so many pack members here attending this evening run. We do this run so we can celebrate the new, the usual and the old. The new is me, the new alpha. The usual as the pack bond we share with each other and the old, we honor our old alpha, my father who has died. He will always be in our hearts. For now, as your new alpha, I will have to tell you something, you shouldn't be afraid I won't do any harm to my pack. On the request of the old Alpha and Luna, I have kept my true identity hidden from the wide world for our own safety, but now I will have to reveal it. Take a step behind.' I say and Mike, Daniel and the other pack members take a couple of steps away from me not knowing what will happen.

'Phelia, let's do this.' I say. 'Fuck yes.' She yells in my head and I groan before feeling my skin beginning to get hotter every second that passes. I close my eyes and feel my body slowly transform into a huge looking bird. I spread out my burning wings and people look shocked at me.

I am a phoenix. My skin burns with red flames and I am a powerful creature that not many know of. Mike and Daniel look full of pride at me and the others just look terrified as fuck. Shifting back into my human form I look at them with a raised eyebrow and they begin to clap. 'Thank you.' I say taking a bow with a smile lingering on my lips.

'Good job. Did it hurt this time?' Daniel asks and he hugs me while giving a kiss on my head. 'It is just strange to feel the heat of the flames again without-.' I get pushed away by a brown wolf who attacks Daniel immediately and I frown. 'James!' Mike yells to the brown wolf but he looks unfazed and doesn't stop attacking Daniel. Daniel growls and shifts to into his dark gray wolf. The wolves circle each other and the pack looks at me expecting for me to break them up.

I pull off my dress and give it to Mike who looks angry at the two boys fighting about something stupid. I don't even know where they are fighting about. 'Stand down.' I growl and the wolves just keep fighting. I roll my eyes and jump into the air before transforming into a goldish wolf with red eyes. I jump in between them and push both of them away with full force letting them fly against the surrounding trees. 'Never Fucking Do that again.' I growl through the pack link and Daniel and James nod before laying down to lick their wounds.

'Let's run like a real pack. And no fucking fights.' I say through the pack link and the others shift into their different colored wolves. I howl up to the moon that is shining proudly in the dark night. The pack members follow my move and howl with me in harmony. It just sounded like a song made from different melodies. I start to run into the woods and the thundering of paws on the ground is the only sound in the night you can hear.

After some long running I lay down on the warm grass and the others follow my example as we enjoy in a comfortable silence.

'Can I speak to you?' A voice says in the pack link and I see James walking towards me in his brown wolf form. I nod groaning silently not in the mood for a fight.

'Daniel and Mike in the lead.' I say through the pack link and I walk away deeper into the woods with James trailing behind me. I shift back behind a tree pulling on the dress I had on earlier and I come out of it to see James in some running shorts waiting for me. 'What do you want.' I say stating he needs to hurry up. 'I want to talk about... Us.' He sighs and I look up and down at him. Damn, he has fucking abs. How would they taste if i-... Stop that Charlie right now!

'Do you even want a mate? You are like I am running away from my mate and I ain't talking to him.' James says and I growl. 'You are still talking to your future alpha.' I growl at him and shake my head. 'I always have wanted a mate, but not now. It is such a fucked up time.' I mumble and James growls at me. 'I thought so.' He groans and he shifts into his wolf before running away.

Sighing I shift to and I walk towards my pack. When we get to the pack house from our run every one goes to their room to sleep because it is already late. I shift back and put on the dress I wore before walking to my own room and letting myself fall into the bed. Soon sleep takes over me and I fall into a deep sleep.

'Mommy, what are mates?' My 5-year-old self asks my mother. 'Charlie it is bedtime for you and Mike.' She says and I bat my eyelashes at her looking at her pleadingly. 'Pleaaseee.' I say and my mothers' laughter fills the room. 'There were once two gods from two different worlds. Gods weren't allowed to have a relationship with each other because of political reasons. These two gods started to love each other more but the others couldn't know what was between the two gods. So they ran to the earth to change into a black and a white wolf to show the harmony between them. That is why we have wolves in us so we can keep the harmony in the world like we are supposed to.' Mother says and I nod hugging her carefully so I won't harm the baby growing slowly in her.