[Chapter Three] Mari

Banner by PosyHawthorne :)

Chapter Three- Mari

When Tina said he was an asshole she wasn't kidding, it was so hard to bite back some remarks but then again, I've heard worse. I got home at eleven and Lalexia was still awake.

"Baby girl, you should be asleep." I told her

"But I needed you to tuck me in; I can't sleep unless you give me kisses goodnight." She said and I felt guilty that I wasn't here tonight to do that.

"Okay baby." I went in and fluffed her blankets and gave her a kiss

"Goodnight mommy." She smiled and yawned

"Goodnight sweetheart." I leaned in the door as she fell right to sleep

"How was it?" Marla asked and I shrugged as I shut the door and went into the living room

"The guys an ass." I told her

"How so." I told her about the night and she shook her head "Are you going to see him again?" she asked, I could tell Tina no but the guy kind intrigued me.

For one, he was fucking hot. I could tell he had a nice body, his arms were defined and he had that light stubble with short brown hair and the brightest damn blue eyes.

He could get any girl he wanted but he needed a call girl, why?

For two, he was rough and a complete ass, maybe I enjoy people who could be as fucked up as me, made me feel less alone or some shit like that.

"We'll see if he calls for another appointment." I shrugged and then my phone rang.

"He wants to see you again, I'm going to give him your work phone number, is that okay?" she asked

"Sure why not." I said and she hung up and I got a text a few minutes later

'Saturday at ten good for you?'

'Sure. Same place?'

"Yeah.'

'How long?' I asked him

'Until I'm done with you' I rolled eyes at the text and tossed my phone to the side.

"Saturday at ten it is." I said annoyed with fake enthusiasm and wished I could have said I was busy.

"Looks like it's going to be a sexually frustrating week for you." she teased and I shoved her aside and she laughed

"Yeah well the only day Paul is free is Fridays and I have Lalexia's recital. Ed will be here the week after and I've set aside a lot of time for him."

"Well I'm out of here, got to meet someone in an hour." She sighed and I stood up to give her a hug

"Thank you for watching her. I can always count on you." I said sincerely, I met her when we were on the streets and I could be dead by now if it wasn't for her.

"Anytime, I'll being Todd and Eva tomorrow." She told me as we walked towards the door.

"I'll make cookies." I smiled and she chuckled

"How about I take Lex for the night after dinner, give you some time alone."

"You don't have to do that."

"I want to and plus, you know she's going to be begging for them to stay the night and if I don't take her you're going to be stuck with three of them." This was very true, Eva was Lalexia's best friend and they didn't go to the same school so they didn't get to see each other much.