[Chapter Seventy-One] Mari

April 4th, 
I am now twenty-one years of age :) 
I don't know how i feel about this.

Chapter Seventy-One – Mari

It was time. Shawn and I had gone to get the papers to adopt her and with her not having a father in her life we would need to get that part waved, we also went to base to get the papers for me and for Lex, no matter if she’s adopted or not we still need to get everything sorted for when we’re married.

There are certain things we can start now but some things we’re going to have to wait for but we already started the adoption process.

The wedding was this weekend and I didn’t feel nervous like I thought that I would, I was just happy. Marla would be flying in tomorrow and she could help me with the last minute things but I wasn’t too worried about it, I never wanted this huge dream wedding and it would make everything better that I had my brother here to walk me down the aisle.

The only stressful part was I was eight and a half months pregnant and I was too tired for all the things I would have to do and I was supposed to be on bed rest but I really wasn’t able to.

Marla was great to have, she picked up the dresses and flowers and Shawn picked up the marriage certificate and this tux’s making our place an absolute mess.

With me being pregnant and Shawn’s status they had already found us a house off base and Shawn requested a four bedroom and he was willing to pay for it. We were transferring Lex to the school on base and it was perfect timing, school was just about to let out so she could start next year clean.

She was young enough to make new friends and it was better to have her in a school on base because if Shawn got transferred then switching military schools was easier than regular public schools, plus she would be safe on base and Shawn would be able to get to her faster if he needed to.

I never realized just how much crap there was to do to get married, especially to someone in the Army. I had to change my last name, get a new social security card, the marriage certificate, change all my accounts, my address and that’s just civilian things, Shawn’s going to switch me to USAA which is a better bank, I need a dependent I.D so I can get on base, we have to change all his information from single to married with two children and get everything settles for next school year and it was just a paperwork nightmare.

I was over it and wanted it done, Stephanie and Reine were great with helping me with it; Stephanie and Nick were already married when he joined but Reine and Colby weren’t so she was admittedly the better help with it all.

I was never getting married again, this was just too much and Shawn was stuck with me for fucking ever because I was not going through this shit in reverse for a divorce.

Shawn tried to keep me as relaxed as he could and get all the paperwork done with Colby and Nick’s help and I lounged around at one of the girls house to fill some out too, best advantage of Shawn being Army is they came in and packed it all and would move it for us, we would have to unpack and put it in the right spot but that was the easier part, as soon as we were married and paperwork was filed we could move in.

Any spare time was spent shopping for the house and thank god we were having it all delivered, we still needed to do a whole nursery and I was hoping Collin wasn’t early or we wouldn’t have a place for him, painting was the first step and usually we would do it ourselves but I was pregnant and we needed it done now so I agreed to let Shawn hire someone to do it.

They would come in on our wedding day and get it all painted so by the weekend we could move in. usually the process was longer but they were very great with the fact I could go into labor at any time now, I was actually worried about not making it through the wedding.