[Chapter Seventy] Shawn

Chapter Seventy – Shawn

Our wedding was growing closer and things with the new family in our lives seemed to be going great. Mom adored Lalexia and she got along incredibly well with Laila. I offered to take her brother in but he insisted that he could get his own apartment nearby.

He wasn’t sure what his plans were so an apartment was all he wanted.

It was amazing seeing how Mari lit up when he came over and how well they got along and slid into that sibling kind of relationship, they would tease each other and mess around like they spent their whole lives growing up together, I wanted Lex and Collin to have a relationship like that.

I hoped that they got along for the most part and that they could be those kind of siblings that hated each other and loved to argue but loved each other more than anything. I think Mari and I both wanted them to have the life we never had and they would.

I spent my day off watching movies with Lalexia while Mari slept, she was eight months pregnant now and she was confined to bed rest as the doctor ordered, thank god. She had been pushing herself too hard and as soon as she said bed rest I nearly picked her up and brought her home to put her in bed, but I let her walk.

I know she hates it when I pick her but I find it adorable when she gets angry about it.

Mari was going crazy, I let her cook dinner sometimes but the cleaning was up to me and my mom insisted on coming over and fussing over Mari as well much to her annoyance and joy. Mari loved my mom and between her and Beth, Mari was in motherly overload.

My mother adored her, she was a little apprehensive at first but after spending just one day with her she already liked her and now she was like another daughter to her. I feel bad for Leila when she gets married; my mom’s going to go insane over it.

Things were going perfectly for this wedding, the venue was booked and we talked about how we wanted it set up, the flowers were chosen, Marla had gotten her dress as well as Stephanie and Reine. Reine fit in well with them, though she was the soft spoken one of the three.

And no one else knew this but Reine would soon fit in with them even better, since they just found out she was pregnant. They weren’t really telling people because she freaked out about it, they weren’t planning on having kids for at least a few more years, but things happen.

Life was happening all around us and it felt like things were just coming together in general. I hung out with the guys, we had people over for dinner, Mari smiled more and Lex got to hang out with some of the kids, I never pictured this life for myself but I’ve also never been happier than I was now.

There was just one more thing that had been on my mind the past few weeks but I could never find a time to get Mari alone to talk to her about it so I sent Lex off with my mom for the night so Mari and I could have some time to ourselves and being on bed rest seemed to make her even more horny, all the time, not that I minded still, I was just extremely gentle with her.

I loved having sex with her when she was pregnant and I’m hoping this wasn’t going to be our last child. She laid in my arms a little uncomfortable with her large stomach but we made it work.

“I wanted to talk to you about something.” I brought it up

“What’s that?” she asked me and I ran my fingers though her hair, I loved looking at her and I couldn’t resist giving her a kiss.

“We’re going to be married in a couple weeks and I wanted to know how you felt about something.” I brought it up slowly because I didn’t quite know how to approach this