[Chapter Sixty-Eight] Shawn

Chapter Sixty-Eight - Shawn

I can't believe she said yes, I was hopeful she would but honestly I thought she would say no, she was always so afraid of her feelings. After Lex went to bed that night I couldn't get her clothes off quick enough, she was all mine and soon she would be my wife and I gently touched her and pleasured her all night long.

I didn't care I had to be up at five, we stayed up until one thirty that morning and when I went to work I couldn't wait to tell Frazier and Yule that she said yes.

I was on a high from this and it was only dampened a little bit but what I would have to tell her in the next couple nights. I hoped she wasn't too mad I kept it from her.

The day was great, the night was great but the next day, the next day turned my life upside down again.

I checked the mail on the way home and there was a letter from my mother, I couldn't bring myself to read it though so I went home feeling uneasy. Mari had Lex do her homework and we went to our room and I just handed it to her, I knew what she was going to ask and she looked at it curiously.

"You should read it." she handed it back and I shook my head. Don't get me wrong, I loved my mother but there were huge mistakes made and I can't just pretend there weren't.

"Will you?" I asked her and she nodded. She opened the letter and I smiled seeing her ring catch the light coming in from the window.

"Shawn, It took me a while to finally get an address for you and I hope that this one is right. I divorced Ryan and I got custody of Laila. I'm so sorry it took me so long to leave him and I'm so sorry that I let him ever hurt you. I wish that I was stronger and that I would have protected you. You leaving broke my heart but I understood. I was thinking of moving to North Carolina to be closer to you. There are so many things I want to say to you but I don't want to write them in a letter, we're packing and heading that way and I'm really hoping that you'll call. I want to make things right so please just, call me. I love you, Mom."

"At least she's done with him." I mumbled

"I think you should call her, hear her out." She told me and I sighed

"It's not that simple." I put my head in hy hands.

"I think Laila needs a brother and Lalexia and Collin need a grandma because she's the only grandparent I wouldn't murder if they came around." Sometimes I don't think she's kidding when she says she would kill her parents and it's kind of scary sometimes.

"Would you really?" I asked her and she set her hard eyes on me.

"My parents drown me, burned me and my mother bleached my skin. My father starved me and beat me and when I got old enough he tried to rape me and that's when I ran. You're damn right I would kill them if they ever touched my daughter or my son."

"You're kind of scary." I said and she shrugged but i would kill anyone who hurt my babies. 

"Call her. Your mom made a mistake but she's not a bad person." I sighed and she handed me the phone knowing if I didn't do it now then I wouldn't do it ever.

She gave me some privacy and I called her, she was surprised to hear me calling and I gave her the address and she said she could be here tomorrow night so I invited them to dinner but I didn't tell her about Mari, Lex or Collin.

Her stuff was all packed and in a storage unit nearby, she sold the house and she was ready for a new start. Mari was okay with it all and tomorrow I would drop the bomb for both of them about the medal,  I needed Mari there and I couldn't wait much longer to tell her since it was this weekend.