[Chapter Forty-Nine] Mari

Chapter Forty-Nine – Mari

I was still unsure of this whole relationship thing but I think I would just have to get used to it because he’s not letting go anytime soon, that much is blatantly obvious. I would have loved to spend all week with him curled up in bed but that wasn’t possible.

Shawn didn’t fully understand that but he would very soon. He was about to get even less sleep than he already did once this baby comes. He’s not really around them so I don’t think he fully realized the weight of the responsibility that he was about to take on.

We went back to my place the next day and Lex was thrilled to have him there. She dragged him to the living room and sat on his lap to make sure he was paying attention while she told him what felt like every detail of her life these past couple months.

It was cute.

“I realized you had feelings for him, I didn’t realize it was like this.” Marla came up beside me as I spied on them and I jumped.

I watched Lex sit there talking and he absentmindedly played with her hair, I don’t think he realized he was really doing it; he used to do it all the time when she was that close to him.

“She adores him.” I agreed

“I bet you that the way he looks at her is the exact way he’ll look at his own baby.” She said and I turned to face her

“What do you mean?” I asked and she rolled her eyes

“Nothing. How did things go last night?” she asked and I smirked

“Sore.” I said and she laughed and Shawn looked at me until Lex put a hand on either side of her face and pulled his head down so he was paying attention to her again and scolded him for not listening.

“I bet. But other than that?” she asked

“Well you’ve met my boyfriend.” I said and she smiled and I swear if it was just us she would have squealed and jumped around while clapping,

“Oh thank god.” She said dramatically and I smacked her arm.

“I’m still freaking out.” I admitted and she shrugged

“You’ll get over it. What are you making for dinner.” She smiled, it was her favorite part of living with me, I cooked for her every night and sometimes, if I was feeling nice, I made her breakfast and lunch too. Okay I made those for her every day too, it was like slave labor from her.

“Not sure yet, Lex is the picky one.”

“Lexibell what do you want for dinner?” Mari yelled to her and she held up her hand with her pointer finger extended and Mari’s jaw dropped while I laughed so hard I felt like I couldn’t breathe. She just completely ignored her and I should probably tell her not to do that but It was so funny. “Brat.” She walked into the living room, grabbed Lex and tossed her over her shoulder and only after Marla took her form the room did Shawn give into his laughter as well.

“Some attitude on that one. Just like her mother.”

“That was rude.” I pretended to be mad but he wrapped an arm around me and pulled me against his side and place a kiss on the top of my head.

“But true.” I looked up at him and he kissed my lips softly.

“She could come back in here.” I pulled myself away and he pulled me right back to him.

“It’s fine Mari it’s not like we’re,” he paused to look around the room “Having sex in here or groping each other, it’s a kiss honey.” He said and I rolled my eyes at the nickname.