33. Love Square

I quickly woke up, noticing Jesse's bare muscular arms wrapped around me, making our shirtless bodies closely rub against each other in a tight hug

Since he was somewhat taller than me, my face was slightly underneath his jawline. He smelled like his usual cologne as I slowly tried to break away.

He noticed my sudden movement to get away from his strong grip, making his bright blue eyes slowly open at me.

I brushed out of his hug as I quickly sat up and stretched out my body, loudly yawning. "Where were you yesterday?" Jesse groggily asked behind me, his voice a lot deeper in tone since he just woke up.

"The party." I turned back around and looked at him, our eyes coldly meeting. "You'd know if you answered my calls or texts, but you didn't."

Jesse slightly frowned as he sat up now too, his lips reddened as his black cloudy hair was messy in the most attractive way possible. "Micah, I told you I wasn't gonna be able to talk to you all day yesterday because I was playing basketball."

"Jesse, you literally never said that to me, what are you talking about?" I quickly replied, slightly getting impatient by what he just answered. "You're telling me you didn't check your phone for like what, 15 hours?" I coughed, my voice slightly raspy.

"Do you expect me to?" He asked softly.

"I expect you to care enough to talk to me." I snapped.

"Micah, I do care." I blinked, his hand slowly brushing against my back.

"Well you don't act like you do." I angrily murmured.

"For the record, I did try calling you at night, after I finished playing." He licked over his pink lips as his blue eyes were squinted from the sun rays hitting against his pale porcelain skin. "You didn't answer though."

"Because I was drunk." I shrugged, rolling my eyes at him as I watched him watch me, silence breaking between us.

"Why do you have so many bruises on your body?" His eyes didn't leave mine as I didn't return his gaze, looking away from him.

"Why does it matter?" I sassily responded.

He quickly clicked his mouth as he threw his head back. "Micah, don't be like this."

"Be like what?" I couldn't help raise my voice as Jesse pouted at me, making me sigh to myself as I ran my hand against my face out of annoyance.

Jesse and I sat next to each to each other on the bed as we were both sitting up. Jesse's soft face proceeded to lean against my collar bone as I remained quiet.

"Micah I'm sorry." I kept my hands against my face as Jesse slowly brought his warm lips to trail up against my skin. "I'm sorry, okay?" His voice was low and came out more as a whimper.