•kindness and stuff•

my sister and i did a nice thing today i guess.
so on tuesdays both my parents work late so my sister and i ride the bus home rather than carpool like normal.
and thank goodness for that,
because today when we got off the bus, one of our little neighbours was wondering around all alone, crying non-stop.
he's like seven i think.
so anyway, he could've gotten hit by a car, or kidnapped, or something even worse, and that just terrifies me, because no one else on our bus stop went to help him- so he would've been all on his one if it hadn't been a tuesday.
so anyway, my sister and i talk to him and find out that he can't find his mom, so we walk him down to his house and ring the doorbell, but no one answers.
so then i decide to text the mom, but she's not answering her phone either.
so my sister and i are just wandering around with a little boy who's sobbing and we don't know what to do.
so we decide to bring him to our house until we get in contact with the mom, but she never responds.
at this point my sister and i are panicking on the inside but we're trying to stay calm for the little boy's sake.
and we can't contact either of our parents to find out what to do because they're doing surgeries or whatever.
so we decide we'll take the boy to one of his mom's good friend's houses and ask her what to do.
fortunately, as we're walking to her house, the little boy's mom shows up- and let me tell you, it's a wonderful thing to see how much a gratitude a mom has when you bring her her lost child.
so we tell her what happened and she can't stop thanking us, and the moral of this story is alwAyS bE kiNd.
just be nice always because kindness is a really great thing.

also we had a band concert today and we didn't do toooo terrible which is nice.

this is really random too lol but in literature we are reading some ee cummings poems and since they were written so long ago they have some really amazing wording that meant something different then than it does today and i just couldn't stop laughing the entire class.

here are some examples:

"gay-be-gay"

"queer old balloonman"

and yeah
i'm probably the only one who finds these hilarious but idec
i want my new nickname to be "queer old balloonman"

i just really love poetry lol

so i hope you had a nice day and sleep well.
love <3 <3 <3