Chapter 6

We went back to the condo, to get our shit. I need my money, some contracts our passports and some clothes and shit. It's time we get tf up out of here. I gotta get my boy to safety.

I ran up , grabbed a couple duffle bags. I filled them with our shit we can send for the rest later, I threw on some big jeans, timbs and a nike hoodie. I looked at the shower wall lying on the floor and how it looked like a damn crime scene. My stomach begin to knot. I hurried up out of the door.

Me: Here , wrap him up in this.

BB: Fuck we going ?

Me: To the PJ, it's time we get tf out of here B.

I: Best thing you said all day .

I pressed the gas as we slid to the back of the airport.

I made a phone call to the center where the jets for hire are and had them get us all one ready. Najeem took the whole ride which was about a hour and 45. He didn't speak, he didn't scream cry or nothing. He just sat there peering out the window. We sat in a corner chair, i laid back and held him in my arms. I rocked him back and forth, i rubbed him , i tried kissing on him , he wouldn't come out of this shit. I tried talking to him , apologizing and shit nothing worked . Iesha came over to where we were and hugged him, she tried asking him questions , talking , crying . Nothing worked.

Me: I know you hear me, your eyes are open. You don't have to talk just yet . But your gonna talk, your gonna boss me around, tell me what you want, scream when we are sexing, sing in that raggedy ass high pitch fake singing voice of yours. I giggled

I don't know exactly what happened when you were taken stink, we never have to talk about it if you don't want to. But i handled it, i handled it all. I killed all them nigga stink you'll never have to go thru no shit like that again trust me on that .

I Love You boy ! your gonna be okay . Okay ? I promise. We are gonna move back to philly, buy a house outside city limits like the one we flipped . Soon as you get better stink we are gonna go ahead and start a family. I don't know how , i dont know where i don't know shit but i know your gonna be in that house, hair tied up, slippers and a robe with your reading glasses raising my big headed ass kids.

I begin laughing and it caught everyone by surprise. I rubbed on his buttcheek, my hand was rested there anyways. I kissed him on his lips, although he wasn't speaking and shit he kissed me back. His lips actually latched on to mines not like a one person kiss but he felt it and embraced it so i fucking know he heard every word.

We reach Methodist hospital on broad street. Iesha and bean went to stay at the marriott. They couldn't go and tell mama what really went down.

Me: Yea my husband was gang raped. He needs medical attention now like right now.

NURSE: Alright, name , dob and address

Me: Najeem Asil Hopewell , September 13, 1990 , 878 N. 63rd street.

Nurse: Take a seat, an orderly will be here with a gourney soon.

Me: I don't think you heard me correct. My shawty was gang raped ! He needs to be fucking seen now ! not now but right now !

She rolled her eyes and pushed up her cateye glasses.

Nurse: Orderly to trauma stat

60 seconds later a white boy in scrubs came a running. I turned around and thanked the nurse and apologized.

The white boy ran so did i.

He took him to a room, there were doctors and shit and people and all type of shit. I tried to enter the room and stand by his side but i was stopped by this tall white doctor in a white coat.