Chapter 37

RASULS FUNERAL

I would have never in a million years thought that i would be burying my husband. I mean everybody gets that dreadful vision of their lovers death but not this. Not my sul. He wasn't a saint by any means but my man was a good man. Now i have to stand in front of all these folks from philly and pretend that i'm strong. Rasul told me if he was ever to die before me just burn his body and tell everybody he left me for his baby mama. He fucked with people but he always said muthafuckers dont really care about him. If he was to be beating my ass everyday they would care. If we both were snorting lines they wouldn't give af just as long as the money was right and you aint fucking with the ops.

Mama insisted that we have everything at my house because its smaller and people wouldn't be running in and out of it. I just can't help but sitting in my mini dressing room staring at myself. The bags under my eyes. I'm just waiting for suls fat ass to jump on out the woodworks and surprise me with some flowers or some new curlers.

But he didn't. I look old, maybe from crying so goddamn much. Rasul was my all but that bitch wasn't perfect, he did put a hurtin on my soul.

I mustered up enough courage to go downstairs. I fixed my dolce button up and whipped out my rasul chain and left the room. People were everywhere. They just stared and sort of waved to me like i was a guest. Chanel and Celine were just torn apart about losing their dad. I feel for them especially being soo young, we both lost our fathers early on. I would never have wanted that for my baby girls. But to be honest that's the type of games he played.

I came down the stairs and of course i seen the top dogs of sp. The realest thrul niggas. You know niggas got real money when you never see them and these were those niggas. Slim, Dewayne, Malcolm, Riq and Marks.

I walked over to them and they all jumped to their feet. Extending a brotherly handshake and hug from each and every brother.

Malcolm: We extend our deepest and most sincere condolences Na. Rasul was our brother and long time partner. Anything you need, as long as i got breath in my body, consider it done.

Riq: That goes for all of us.

Me: Thank you and I appreciate that. But we gone be good. Rasuls not here with us in body but the nigga definitely here with us in spirit. Again thank you and much love.

They all gave me another handshake hug as if we were long time friends. These was the niggas that used to play dice in our basement when mama went to work. They chumped bean punk ass and just set up shop.

I walked back towards the kitchen, mama was entertaining niggas who were trained killers. Of course she didn't know

Mama: Baby come over her

Me: Hey mommy

Mama: hey baby. I was just telling .. what's your name again suga ?

Him: Black. My name is black ms.

Mama: i was just telling black that we need him to help with the finishing of suls 6 apartment buildings. I'm trying to get this big fella a job. She was just upbeat like we were at a coalition or something.

I couldn't help but smirk and rub my head.

Me: mama black has a job, rasul kept him on his payroll

Mama: Doing what baby?

Black put his hands in the shape of a gun and aimed it at the sky as he fake pulled the trigger.

Mama: ohhh okay perfect.

Me: Im sorry bro, enjoy the party.

Me: mama come here lady.

Mama: what whaa?