Chapter 17

Later on at the shop, i took a lunch break. I decided to drive across the tracks to mamas house and get something to eat. As soon as i pulled up to the block i could see the corner doing numbers. I jumped out and headed to the house. I could see bean and some niggas shooting dice from the steps. I went inside and the smell of fried fish smacked me in the head.

Me: Mama what's going on?

Mama: Oh baby, Sul bought a case of fish from 9th street in here, he said make some fish sandwiches.

She had home fries and coleslaw going. I don't eat none of this shit but the fish. I exited the house and headed to the corner to get some orange juice. My clothes were baggy but my ass was poppin. When i got to the corner i said my wassups to all. I seen Rasul sitting on the back of his truck so i waved at him. He looked at me, shook his head and gave me the finger. I'll take it he's still upset about the breakfast thing. I started laughing walking into the store, i got a text from ibn:

IBN: Pull Up!!!

Me: That isn't such a good idea.

IBN: I just want to talk Nyjeem

Me: Okay, well i'm on my lunch break can this be later?

IBN: Meet me at the spot.

Me: Okay.

I put my phone away, i looked over my shoulder for Rasul. If he finds out about this im dead.

I went outside over to where he was. He was speaking to Breads and Sim. Keyasia was upside his truck talking to the guys. I told them wassup and gave her a hug. I tried to hug rasul he swung at me.

Rasul: Im not playing with you, get away !

Me: But you said breakfast!

Rasul: Cooked breakfast You ass wipe !

Me: Your mother !

Everybody started laughing,

Rasul: What are you even doing around here, aint yo supposed to be gluing tracks ?

Me: I did that already smart ass ! Why you on that truck ? ain't you supposed to be serving feins ? MAke My money!

Rasul: What ?

He hopped down and chased after me so i started jogging. He is sooo mean ! his fat ass stopped after about 4-5 feet. I carried my ass back to the house to get my sandwich so i can get back to work.

I finished my clients up, cleaned and closed up the shop then i proceeded to IBN's. I was nervous but not too nervous.

I reached the shop, i parked behind a truck soo mines wasn't too visible. I headed inside. The doors were locked and ibn was sweeping up. He opened the door to let me in, then he closed the blinds.

Me: so wassup?

IBN: You tell me. I heard you getting married.

Me: Uhh Ibn...

IBN: Just wait, let me get this out because i've been dying to say this to you.

I shut tf up and sat back in the barber chair.

IBN: I know the whole marcus situation was a bit much for you. I led you on without even ending my current relationship. I fucked up, i'll give you that ! But when did it become okay for you to just drop me like a bad habit because your lil boyfriend popped back into your life? What about our connection ? THe vibe bro ?

Me: Ibn, it's not like i planned this. It's not like i wanted any of this shit to go down. I didn't know Rasul was gonna go skip town and leave me high and dry. I also wouldn't have even ever entertained the thought of loving somebody else besides rasul but you came and you changed that. I do appreciate you and the time we spent, the things you've done for me and all you've given me but IBN. We are in two totally different worlds. You're involved with somebody you have your kids involved. I can't be that person that'll take you away from them how could i live with myself ?