Chapter 43

LONZO BALL POV >>>>>

WTF was that a unicorn my nigga ? a fine bodied ass natural as young thing walking around jamaica with those legs and those hips? Goddamn i gotta find shawty. My pop is tripping about me feeling how i feel but who gives a flying fuck. Its my life not his. I'm going to live it like i know how.

We just left a conference with my brother lamelo. He has developed a oxycodone problem so we are taking a break over here while the season is over to get him back in the best of health. He's like the only one in the ball family to understand me Angelos bitch ass just barks and talks about aids and my career being over. All because he wishes he didn't have to play overseas.

Pop: I don't want to see any of that faggot shit around me boy, if you can't keep it in your pants and act right then stay the hell away from me.

Me: Pop, i can't help who i like.

Pop: idgaf son ! it's a man ! you can't reproduce with a man, you can feel real love with a man, you can start a family with 2 men. It's like starting a girl with the lighter and charcoal but no fucking grill. Why don't you get that ?

I'm going to set an appointment with Dr. Richards

Shes is our family therapist. After i got drafted to the lakers my mom tina hired her, she talks to her on the regular about her anxiety. I swear its like this family has been changed ever since i hit big ! We reached the penthouse apartment

Mom: hey baby, how was your brother

Me: he seemed fine momma. He was looking good, in the right headspace.

Mom: what did yall talk about ?

Me: Practice

Pop: Tina Tell your son what we talked about

Me: Dad

Pop: Tell him about how being a faggot will destroy his career and his whole life!

I don't know what took over me but i got up and yelled ! " If you call me a faggot one  more time you won't have to worry about it destroying anything because i'll fucking kill you dawg ! Stop calling me that ! " I shed a tear. It was the first time i've ever stood up to this man. He first found out about my feelings at like age 15 or 16. He hasn't let it go since.

He took some steps back, i could feel him getting ready to fuck me up. My mom walked in front of me and touched his hands letting him know it was okay. He took his car keys and he left.

I started weeping.

She hugged me tightly and curressed my head.

Mom: Its okay baby it's okay.

Me: Im sorry momma but he was taking it too far. Im his son not a stranger

Mom: I know baby its okay. Shhh.

I still cried

Mom: so i really have a gay son. I always thought it would be melo.

I cracked a laugh, she always had that power.

Mom: Look here baby. One thing you guys have in common is some tough skin. I've seen my brother fight his whole life for gay rights. I seen him beat up and beat down and i've seen him up high so i know what i'm talkin about. You be glad, you have only 1 bully to deal with rather than millions. Your father is just hurt in a way that only a parent would be able to understand because they are unable to understand how their child feels.

Me: But why can't he just ask me how i feel ?

Mom: did he ask you what you wanted to do with your life ?