Chapter 12

I had a few wigs to do today so i jumped straight into work. After IBN dropped off my lunch these 2 young ladies entered my shop. I saw sister from mecca , she was with a younger girl. She made eye contact with me instantly and started waving.

I clipped the track i was sewing to run over there to her.

Me: Hey sweetie, How are you ?

Sis: Hey Hey Im fine, you looking good still. I came down here to check out your shop.

Me: Girl , thank you. Come on take a look at the stu.

She started giggling.

Me: And who is this gorgeous young lady ?

Sis: this is my sister sequoia.

Me: Hi, sweetie.

She gave me a nice smile and hug.

Me: So what yall need today ?

Sis: We both want WBC. I need a few lil tracks in the back for some length.

Me: Alright, i got you. Gone head and go sit down at the washing bowl. Ima do yall.

They took off their coats and got ready to get their hair washed. Because sequoia was smaller i did her first. She was a lil sweetheart, around 11-12. She had pretty long black hair to match her cocoa brown skin tone. She had the cutest heart earrings in her ear. They blinged harder than a muthafucker, so i know they were real.

I washed her hair, curled her up and sent her to the corner to take some selfies up against the hair wall of fame.

Sis: Yess slay me up baby !

I washed her hair and got the tea from her.

Me: So do your dad know your here?

Sis: Chile, my dad done fell off the dang on bandwagon. He hadn't been home, missing work. He doesn't really care what i do RN.

Me:Wym ?

Sis: Like he been ghost. My step dad had bruises on his face last night, i'm guessing they had a fight but he was acting funny way before that.

Me: That's crazy, i feel so bad that this all has happened.

Sis: yea me too.

Me: Have you tried talking to him?

Did: You try talking to IBN HUDHAFAH

I shampooed her hair as i thought to myself. This nigga treats me like a diamond ring. Why he dissing his family ? I ain't havin that shit. I'm not in the business of breaking up no happy home or taking no nigga away from his seed. I blow dried sister as she ran down more to me about her "Step dad" im guessing that was the bitch marcus with the big voice.

Sis: They met when i was about 12. They were always happy together. Abu keeps him locked up in the house but he still dips off to do his own thing. That's probably why they argue so much.

Me: Mmm

Sis: You know what would be nice ? If yall went on a date ! your drop dead gorgeous so i know he has eyedd you before.

I damn near dropped my blow dryer on this girl head.

Me: lol well sister i'd have to see. How would i know your dad likes me ?

Sis: Honey if you can feed him and keep him interested, he'll love you. He likes to have a lil homie under his wing. Your like the perfect candidate. You look way better than Marky.

Me: Well how you gonna cut out your whole step dad?

Sis: he don't mean much to me, he just likes to go shopping. The hoe cant even cook.