Nick Fury: Tell me the Truth

"Goodnight baby girl, I'll see you in the morning." Fury kisses his daughter on her temple. Annabelle yawns and curls up in a ball.

"Night dad." Annabelle closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep. Fury glances at his daughter one last time before leaving the room. He carefully shuts the door as he leaves.

Fury heads downstairs to Coulson who is sitting at the dinner table looking over document papers of Annabelle and her mother. Fury heads into the kitchen for a late night snack.

"What are you looking at the file for?" Fury pulls out a box of chocolate chip cookies out of the cabinet. He walks back into the dinning room with Coulson.

"You know ever since we adopted Annabelle I always thought if she finds out...do you think she'll hate us?" He asked. Fury sighs and thinks for a moment.

"I don't know, a part of me wants her to know so we don't have to carry this heavy weight on our shoulders, but if we do she might become resentful or end up running away." Fury looks down at one of the cookies. He frowns.

"It's funny too, I never wanted kids. I didn't see the point or trust anyone-then we found Annabelle. I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to take care of anyone really." Fury confessed. Coulson closes up the file and nods his head.

"Life has a funny way of giving us blessings in disguise." Coulson told. Fury chuckles and eats the cookie.

"Tell me about it." Seconds later Fury's cell phone goes off. He looks at the screen and its an unknown number.

"Who's that?"

Fury shrugs his shoulders and answers.

"Who the hell is this? Why are you calling this late at night?"

"Nick Fury? This is Yaya."

"Oh, Yaya-hey."

"Hi-umm...are you busy at the moment? I need to tell you something."

"Well what is it?"

"I'd feel better if I spoke to you in person."

"Where are you?"

"Im in town, there's a place by me called Darryl's Donut Place. Meet me there."

"What for?"

"Just get here." Yaya hangs up the phone.

"What did she say?" Coulson asked.

"She wants to meet up at a donut place."

"Is she in trouble?"

"I don't know, but you're coming with me." Fury stands up and grabs his jacket out of the closet.

"What about Annabelle? Should we leave a note just in case she's wakes up?" Coulson questioned.

Fury thinks for a moment.

"I'll text her, leave the light on."

Fury and Coulson quickly, but quietly rush out of the house and drive to Yaya's location.

They pull put the donut shop and park. Fury turns off the car opens the door. Coulson follows after him.

"Hope this isn't a trap." He said.