our type of afterparty

kaitlynnrose: his

comment by erinreilly: shirt might be his but ur mine😍

The wedding was starting to wind down by now. It'd grown dark what seems like hours ago. I'd been dancing with Erin and decided to wander off and find Harry again. He was sitting at the makeshift bar, talking to one of the bridesmaids. When I get over to the bar, I stand next to him to get some champagne. I'd already had a glass or two, and I'm sure I've got rosy cheeks to prove it. I rarely drink it, so even just a little makes me bubbly inside. Harry turns his head to smile at me as he wraps an arm around my waist and tugs me closer. I smile and rest my hands on his arm, my smile growing as he kisses my temple.

"Is this your girlfriend?" The girl asks, sounding kind of irritated. The bartender hands me a flute full of bubbling champagne and I thank him quietly.

"Erm, yeah," Harry nods, clearing his throat slightly. I'm shocked by his confirmation, but try and hide my surprise as I turn around to join the conversation. He'd finally put a label on me that was more than a friend. "This is Kaitlynn. Kaitlynn, this is my sisters friend Vanessa."

"Oh, I'm more than just your sisters friend, Harry," she smirks, her words slurring in the slightest. "Don't you remember our fun nights?"

I roll my eyes and turn slightly so I'm not really facing her anymore. It was pointless for her to bring that up. I knew what she was trying to do and it wasn't going to work. Nothing was going to ruin this night for me, especially not this drunk blonde British chick.

I run my fingers through Harry's hair gently, focusing on moving the stray strands back into place instead of this girl who is slurring her words.

"Not really, no. Now if you'll excuse us Vanessa, we've got elsewhere to be."

Harry reaches for my hand as he stands, taking it gently. He leads me over to the house and takes me inside.

"M'sorry about her," he mumbles to me as we go into the kitchen. In the time I'd been here I'd learned that this was his mothers house, so I wasn't surprised when he reached into the cupboard and grabbed a package of cookies. I set my glass down on the counter and watch him move around to where I'm standing.

"It's alright, I couldn't care less."

"Are you sure? I know it can be-"

"Harry, I'm very aware of your life before me. If I had a problem with it, I would have brought it up already."

He lifts me onto the countertop and I laugh lightly. I grab his hand as he stands in front of me, holding it in my lap. He reaches forward and places a light kiss to my cheek.

"You're so amazing. Don't know what I did to deserve you," he mumbles quietly. I rest my forehead against his and kiss his nose. "You look beautiful tonight, by the way. Haven't had the chance to tell you. You always do, but this dress is stunning on you. Also, don't know what it is about you in my clothes, but never take my suit jacket off."

"Thank you," I reply quietly. I reach up and run my fingers through his hair, pushing back the curl that had fallen in his face."You look incredibly handsome. This tux is very different from your usual tee shirt."

"Gem wouldn't let me wear a tee," he pouts. "I did try, though."

"I'm not surprised," I laugh. Somebody enters the house and Harry backs up to look at who it is. It's Liam, who's got Erin following close behind.

"Uh... hey, you two," Liam looks at us confused. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean, Liam?" Harry asks. "Am I not allowed to disappear and eat cookies with my girlfriend?"