date night

kaitlynnrose: 💘

//

From Harry:

still on for date night?

To Harry:

bub why would i ever back out

From Harry:

Was just making sure...

Pick you up at six?

To Harry:

I'll be ready for you☺️❤️

//

At six on the dot, Harry texted me that he was downstairs outside the dorm. I grab my phone, jacket, and dorm key and bid Erin goodbye before slipping out the door. I slip my denim jacket on as I step out the door, my eyes meeting Harry's as soon as I'm outside. He steps forward, his hands immediately finding my waist so he can pull me close.

"You look beautiful, Kaitlynn," he smiles before bringing his lips down to meet mine.

"Thank you," I mumble before returning my lips to his. One of his hands grabs my elbow, his fingers sliding down my arm until he's close enough to my hand to grab it. As we separate, I smile at him. "You look handsome."

"Thanks, love," he smiles and pecks my lips one last time before leading me over to his car.

We end up going to a place called The Nice Guy, which is quite a drive in comparison to our usual outings. The place looks fancy from the outside, which probably means I'm not going to be happy about how much Harry is about to spend for me to eat. As we head inside, Harry holds my hand loosely.

"Reservation under Styles," Harry tells the host once we're at the front. She glances at the list and leads us to a table once she finds his name.

Harry pulls out the chair for me and pushes it in gently before he takes a seat across from me. We sit silently while we both decide on what we want. Once we've both finished looking through the menus, Harry reaches over and grabs my hand and holds it with both of his hands. A waiter comes over with drinks and takes our orders before disappearing again.

"I have a question," I say quietly.

"I might have an answer," he smiles.

"In the two weeks after the fight and before the wedding, what changed?"

He bites his bottom lip while he thinks. "Well, a lot. When we were fighting and then I watched you walk out... it hurt. A lot. It wasn't until after you'd shut the door that I really understood what you were trying to tell me. At the end of the day, we were acting like we were dating. And when you left, I realized how much it felt like a breakup. I was stubborn and oblivious when it came to how much our relationship had progressed. It felt so natural to like, hold your hand and kiss your head and stuff like that, so natural that I didn't even realize that it wasn't normal stuff to be doing.

"I did a lot of thinking about how I felt and how much I need you to be in my life while we were apart. I did a lot of thinking about everything you were telling me for all this time. I did a lot of thinking about how much I missed you. Fuck, I missed you so much. I even talked to Liam a bit about how I was feeling, which felt really freeing. I talked to my sister about literally everything the moment I landed in the UK. She nearly slapped me when I was done explaining everything."

I laugh lightly at the last sentence. I loved the relationship he had with Gemma and the rest of his family. It makes me love him even more.

I really loved that he was opening up to me about this. I expected an answer that was short and sweet, but this was much better.