just friends

kaitlynnrose: get yourself a friend who brings you donuts to your dorm. ty @harrystyles

My schedule was weird compared to usual because I have classes monday through friday. Usually, my classes end up being every other day or monday through thursday. Out of all the classes to have on a friday, I really hated the fact that it's calculus.

Leaving class today felt like the equivalent of touching land after being stuck on a ride at a fair. I've never felt so free. This week has been long as hell and I'm so glad that it's finally over. Now I can hide in my dorm all weekend and watch The Office while working on homework.

At least that was my plan, up until I got back to my dorm and saw Harry sitting against the building. He motions me over to him as soon as he sees me.

I swing my bag off my shoulders and sit down next to him. He nudges me slightly, giving me a smile.

"Hey."

"Hey," I return his smile. I notice a box by his feet and point to it. "Whatcha got there?"

"Donuts. I brought them for you."

"Oh?" I question, looking at him with an arched eyebrow. "What's the special occasion?"

"No occasion, just wanted to bring you something. And I plan on eating at least two of them."

"If you're trying to slip things in here and there to pay me back for helping you with your paper-"

"No," he cuts me off. "I'm just being a good friend."

"Well don't make a habit of it," I mumble and laugh lightly. "At this rate I'm going to gain like a hundred pounds. Speaking of your paper though, did you talk to Angela after you revisited the assignment?"

"Yeah," he nods. "She could tell it was you that revised it before I even told her who helped me. Apparently you have a very distinctive writing style."

"Really?" I was surprised. I've never been told my writing style is anything special. "Huh."

"Mhm," he nods. "She said that somehow you were able to nail it into me though. She told me that if I turn in assignments like my revised one for the rest of the semester, I'll pass easily."

"That's really great," I smile. "I'm glad I was able to help. Do you-"

"Harry?"

Both of us jump slightly and turn towards the person who spoke. It's Liam, standing on the pathway and looking confused towards us. Harry scoots away a little and I mentally roll my eyes.

"Oh. Uh, hey mate. What's up?"

"Just picking up Erin," he points to the entrance of the dorm building, still looking confused. "Is there something going on between the two of you? You've been spending a lot of time together."

"No, we're just friends," I tell him. "Are you two headed to another party?"

"We're going to dinner and a movie, actually. She told me we have to take a few weeks off from the parties," he laughs lightly.

"Thank god," I mumble. "That means I don't have to go to any of them."

Liam smiles, chuckling lightly. "Is Erin in your room?"

"I think so," I shrug. "I haven't been up there. You can go on up - I'm assuming you know what room?"

He nods. As he walks towards the doors, he waves at us. He's back down in a few minutes, Erin by his side and holding his hand. They both wave at us as they head towards Liam's car, and Erin shoots me a smile.

"They're a good pair," Harry mumbles next to me. I glance at him as I nod.

"She's really happy. I'm happy for her," I smile. "You wanna head upstairs?"

He agrees and we both stand up. He grabs my bag before I can, as well as the box of donuts. We head up the stairs and down the hall to mine and Erin's room.

"Congrats on being the first boy in my room," I mumble as I unlock the door, laughing lightly. "Well, first boy I've brought up. Erin's had a few in the years we've been here."

He follows me inside and sets everything on my desk. "Wow, what a big honor. Do I get a certificate? Or a trophy?"

"You get me calling you a dumbass. That's what you get. Dumbass."

I lay down on my bed, laying close to the wall for Harry to join me if he wants. He does after a moment, laying on his side and facing me. He reaches forward to kiss my neck eagerly, but I push him back.

"Inviting you into my room isn't equivalent to inviting you to get in my pants, you know," I mumble. A gorgeous laugh falls from his lips and he hides his face in my pillow.

"How do I get that invite?"

"Depends, what are you gonna do when you get the invite?"

Harry smiles at me, reaching forward and grabbing my belt loops. He pulls me closer to him and hides his face against the skin of my neck.

"I am going to make you feel so, so good," he mumbles. I lean my head to the side, giving him better access as he starts to kiss my jawline and neck. His lips felt like fire.

"I'm guessing your invite got lost in the mail, but I'll let it slide this time," I mutter. He laughs again and I can feel his lips spread into a smile. "I didn't lock the door, though. You should do that."

He groans, but gets up to lock the door despite being irritated by the fact I didn't lock it. Honestly, I thought this might happen but I really didn't think it would. I'm okay either way, as long as nobody catches us. Technically, I don't know if he's actually allowed to be in here. While he comes back over to me, I make it easier on the both of us and stand up to slip out of my jeans. He does the same before stepping forward and wrapping his arm around my waist. He pulls me against him, his other hand going up to cup my face so he can press his lips to mine. The hand that's on my waist reaches for the hem of my sweater and he pulls back so he can pull it over my head.

He pulls away, looking at me with amusement. "Do you ever wear bras?"

"Not really, no," I shake my head and laugh. His lips reattach to my neck and I lean my head back. He hums in appreciation and tightens his grip on me.

"Makes it easier for me to get you naked."

//

"Hey," Harry mumbles to me from where he's sitting at my desk. I was in my bed, now wearing his tee and some gym shorts. "Have I told you that my sister is getting married in November?"

"I don't think you mentioned it," I shake my head. "Why?"

"I have to go back to Holmes Chapel. I'm also supposed to bring a plus one."

"You could put an ad on craigslist."

He scoffs. "I'm pretty sure going drunk would be a better idea."

"Something tells me that would piss off your sister."

"Yeah," he laughs. "Just a little. I'm trying to avoid pissing her off as much as I possibly can. I really don't want to ruin a single moment for her. She's my forever best friend, and I want it to be perfect."

"That's really sweet," I mumble to him.

"I want you to be my plus one."

"You want me to fly to England with you in a month?"

He stands and comes over to sit on my bed with me. "I'm paying for everything - airplane, hotel, food... even a dress if you need it. There's no other person in my life that I would want to introduce to my family and have by my side. I'll do whatever I need to do to get you to agree to coming. Please, Kait. The boys are going too, and if Erin and Liam are still together Erin might come."

"I'll go. Can you promise me you'll try to be by my side though? The thought of being in a different country and meeting your family really freaks me out."

"I promise. I would never abandon you. I'll take care of you. Promise me you'll come? You won't back out?"

"I promise."