counting

"Okay I put up with the party last week but again? Two weeks in a row? This week has been weird enough. I'm not really in the mood."

"It's not a huge party, it's just Li and his friends. C'mon, please? They're all really nice and funny and I want you to get to know Liam better."

I look over at her from my bed, where I was working on a paper that was due Monday morning. "Will Harry be there?"

"I don't know. So what if he is, though? He can go fuck himself."

I roll my eyes at her. I hadn't told her that we met up the other night. I hadn't told her that I've talked to him at all. She still has the idea in her mind that he spread that rumor himself. I wasn't mad at him at all, though. I hadn't really thought much about any of it since the other night. I had thought about how surprisingly easy it was for me to talk to him that night, but I'd come to the conclusion that it was because my anger was overpowering my anxiety.

"Fine. But if everything is super awkward, I'm leaving."

"That's so okay," she nods.

"And I get to steal some of your clothes for tonight."

"That's already a given, Kait."

//

I found myself back in the back of Liam's car within a few hours. Turns out that yes, Harry will be there, especially because it was at his house. Apparently Erin was unaware of the fact that the last party was at his house. She didn't know whose house it was. I wasn't angry, but I was terrified.

I hold Erin's hand tightly as we head inside. I was relieved to see that there were only a few cars and the house wasn't completely packed when we walked in. When we get to the living room, I spot Harry moving across the room towards the kitchen. He stops when he sees me, a look of surprise on his face. He gets over it quickly and continues towards his kitchen.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Erin whispers.

"It's fine, I guess," I sigh. "We're already here."

Liam introduces me to all of his friends, as well as the girls that are with some of them. Harry walks back in the room just as Liam offers to go and get us drinks. I tell him I'm alright and sit down with Erin, next to Niall.

"What should we do? Should we play a game or something?" Liam asks as he walks back into the room, handing Erin the water bottle that she'd asked for.

"Let's play truth or dare," one of the guys says, his eyes flicking to me, then to Harry. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach suddenly. I was regretting agreeing to coming tonight.

"Is that really all you can think of Louis?" Harry asks, glaring at him.

"You got something better, Styles?"

Harry huffs and leans back in the chair he's in. "Fine. You first, though. Truth or dare, Lou?"

"Dare," Louis smirks.

"I dare you to put a handful of ice down your pants."

Louis glares at Harry and stands, an annoyed grunt falling from his lips followed by a mumble of "immature." We all watch as he does it, wincing once the ice is in his pants. I couldn't watch anymore, so I turn back around.

"Harold, truth or dare?" Louis asks with an annoyed tone.

Harry looks over at me for a second as he takes a deep breath. "Dare."

Louis looks over at me with a look that I could only describe as mischievous. "I dare you and Kaitlynn to go to your room for seven minutes in heaven."