a.m adventuring

kaitlynnrose: international house of pancakes. and 1am hot cocoa.

//

from: Erin

where the hell are you?!

did he kidnap you

do I need to call the police

to: Erin

I'm fine. I'll see you later at the dorm. Didn't want to be there anymore

"Where do you wanna go?"

I look over at Harry from his passenger seat. "Oh. Uhm, I don't know. Wherever you want to go."

He laughs and shakes his head at me. We drive around for a few minutes and he pulls into a gas station parking lot. I watch as he gets out of the car and then bends down to look at me.

"Come on," he smiles.

I follow him in, watching silently as he grabs a bag of chips. I glance around, unsure of what to do with myself.

"Pick out whatever you want," he tells me.

I grab some gummy worms and a bottle of water, then follow Harry over to the register. He'd grabbed some candy, chips, and a juice for himself. We leave right after he pays and then we're driving somewhere else.

"Can I ask you something?"

"That depends on the question," he replies with a smirk.

"Why me?"

"I'm going to need more context than that, Kaitlynn."

"You showed me your cameras, you keep voluntarily spending time around me," I shrug. "I don't know, it's just random to me."

"I don't know if this will make any sense at all, but you're kind of a breath of fresh air to me. You're genuine and you don't have any existing ideas about who I am. It's hard to spend time with people who don't really know the real you."

"And do I know the real you?"

"Not quite, but I'm sure you'll have a pretty good idea by the end of the night. Any other burning questions?"

"Actually, yeah. This might be totally rude to ask, but how the hell can you afford such a nice house and a Range Rover?"

"My parents bought them under the agreement that I'd finish my bachelors."

"My dad wouldn't even pay for my meal plan," I huff.

"Are you on scholarship?"

I nod. "Full ride. My mom died from cancer when I was fourteen, my dad is a single dad living in a two bedroom apartment with my two younger siblings who are 11 and 14. My older brother is in the military. And I'm in a humanities program, which generally gets more money for scholarships with the exception of sports."

"Quite the list you've got there," he says quietly.

"No kidding," I chuckle heartlessly. "Do you have any siblings?"

"Older sister and some step siblings. I really only talk to my older sister though. She lives in London."

"Are you from London?"

"Holmes Chapel," he says. "Completely different part of England."

"How come you live in California?"

He shrugs. "The lads and I wanted to come here for school. Thought it would be fun and adventurous, I suppose."

I nod. "And has it lived up to that?"