just like the old days

kaitlynnrose: how we celebrate the school year being done

"Oh hey! I forgot you live here."

I look up from my textbook and glance at Erin. "Well, I forgot you lived here. I've been here all week."

"Wait, really? I was at Liam's because I figured you'd get ready for finals at Harry's like last semester."

"No, he was trying to finish a final and couldn't focus so I came back. Also wanted to make sure he had some time with his mom."

"Huh. Well hi! Are you all done with finals or do you have more?"

"One more," I mutter as I make note of where I left off. "Wouldn't be voluntarily reading this textbook if I didn't. Thankfully it's online, however it is due in..."

I check my phone for the time and my stomach twists.

"Two hours."

"Well, on that note," she grabs her bag. "I'll let you do that and will not distract you any further. I'll see you at graduation in two days?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'll text you and we can make plans."

"Sweet! Good luck!"

I mumble a thanks and go back to reading. I give myself twenty more minutes of cram studying and then I log into the online portal. I organize my notes and hit start on the test. I finished within an hour and celebrated as I hit submit. Right as I close my laptop, my door opens and I jump in my chair.

"Shit, sorry babe," Harry laughs. "I didn't think you'd be awake. It's nearly midnight."

He rests his hands on my shoulders and kisses my head.

"I," I stand up and turn around. "Just finished my last final."

"Finished mine an hour ago."

I wrap my arms around him and cuddle up to him. "That means you're done with college. Congratulations, bub."

"Thanks, babe," he kisses my head again.

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, the plan was to sneak in and cuddle with you, but since you're awake... wanna celebrate and go grab some food?"

"Sure, let me change first though. Also be honest, do I look dead right now? Should I do my makeup?"

Harry rolls his eyes at me. "No, you don't. You look beautiful, like always."

I give him a quick kiss and wander over to my closet. I grab some shorts and a hoodie, knowing that I didn't have the energy to put on jeans right now. Harry sits on my bed while I change. I brush through my hair before I consider myself good to go. Harry has my bag on the bed with him and hands it to me.

"Okay, ready as I'm gonna get."

"Let's get going," Harry stands, grabbing my hand as we head to the door.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see," he smirks. I shake my head and don't bother to question him further. As he drives, I text Erin and we try to make some plans for going to the boys' graduation. As I'm doing so, Harry reaches over and grabs my phone. He locks it and tosses it in the backseat.

"Hey! What'd you do that for?"

"I've barely seen you at all this week, I'd like to actually talk with you rather than sit in silence while you text your roommate that you've been with all week," he smiles.

"Actually, I've seen her for about two minutes. She assumed I would be with you and so she stayed with Liam."

"Still two minutes longer than I've seen you."