another day, another party

kaitlynnrose: stole more of erin's clothes

comment by erinreilly: wHY. why do all my clothes look better on you. I'm offended.

//

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

Erin looks over at me with a pout as we head into Harry's house. Another Friday night, another ridiculous and unnecessary house party. "You agreed to coming? I didn't even force you this time."

"Yeah, but I would have never even known about it if it wasn't for you, and I wouldn't have agreed because there wouldn't have been anything to agree to."

"You regretting your choice?"

"Slightly," I nod. She grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"We'll probably separate at one point because it always happens, but I have my phone on me and you can text me at any time if you need me to leave with you."

"Okay," I nod. "Don't worry about me though, okay? Have fun with Liam."

She smiles, nodding quickly. "Let's grab a drink."

She goes for alcohol this time, but I just grab a water bottle from Harry's fridge because I know he won't care. I follow her into the living room, over to where Liam and Niall are talking. Louis is close by with Eleanor but isn't a part of the conversation. Erin cuddles up to Liam's side and smiles at him.

"Hey, Kaitlynn," Liam nods to me.

I smile back at him politely. I stand with them while they all talk, not paying much attention to them. The music seemed louder tonight than it did last time, but there weren't as many people from the looks of it. I was standing near the edge of the living room, so where I was leaning was the entrance of the hallway. From the hallway, I feel somebody yank on my arm. I fall towards the person and into the hallway. Before I know it, I'm following Harry up the stairs, my hand in his. I can't help but laugh as he rushes up the stairs and over to his room. He turns to me, giving me a big smile.

"I was hoping you'd be here," he mumbles as we go inside his room. He locks the door behind us and takes me over to his bed.

"You were? Why?"

"Because I can lock myself up here to avoid everybody and not be completely alone."

I set my water down on his nightstand as he lays down on the bed. There's already a text from Erin on my phone, asking if I was with Harry and alright. I respond back before putting my phone with the water.

"Kait, come lay down."

"Where are your t-shirts?"

He looks at me with confusion. "Third drawer down, why?"

I open the drawer, grabbing one of the blank white shirts. I wander into his bathroom, changing into it quickly. As I walk back out to him, he still looks confused.

"That dress is cute as hell, but sequins are uncomfortable as fuck."

He nods, a smirk on his face. "Why'd you wear it, then?"

"'Cause it's cute as hell," I shrug, laughing lightly. "And these parties are the only reason I leave my dorm other than for class. I feel like I should look presentable every now and then."

"You look beautiful no matter what you wear," he says quietly.

"Thank you," I let out in a whisper. My cheeks heat - big surprise - as I lay down in the empty space next to him. I grab his blanket and pull it over myself to cover the lower half of my body.