late night wake up

It felt like I'd been asleep for maybe five minutes. When I found my phone to look at the time, I realize that it's actually been about two hours and was just before midnight. I look next to me to look at Harry, which is when I come to the realization that he's not even in the room. With this realization comes the sound of multiple voices downstairs.

Slowly, I slip on Harry's button up shirt and my shorts that I had on under my dress last night. As I head towards the stairs, I tiredly tie my hair up into a ponytail. When I start to hear the voices more clearly, I can hear that Harry is angry. As I get to the base of the stairs, I see Louis and a group of maybe ten or more people. The group is in the kitchen with multiple bottles of alcohol, all of them talking with each other but also sneaking looks over at Harry and Louis, who are arguing about something in the living room. I stay at the base of the stairs, trying to figure out what on earth is going on. Louis' eyes float over in my direction and a dry laugh falls from his lips before he glares at Harry.

"Oh. I see what this is about now," he scoffs.

Harry spins around in confusion, his eyes meeting mine. His face goes from angry to a much softer expression and he steps over to me. His hand finds my waist and he puts his mouth next to my ear to speak quietly.

"Baby, go back to bed," he hums. "I've got this, they'll be out in a few. M'sorry."

"Don't apologize," I frown. "It's not your fault. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm-"

"Ohhhhh, Harry's hitched now. That's why he's so fucking boring," a guy from the kitchen yells. Harry turns to glare at him, his hand tightening around my waist what seems to be unintentionally.

"She's hot, I'd ditch y'all to hit that, too," another guy adds, his words slurring.

"Shut the fuck up. Don't fucking talk about her that way," Harry growls before turning back to me. "Please go back upstairs, Kait. I promise you that I'm alright and that I've got this handled."

My eyes float over to Louis, who is watching us with curious eyes. He looks less angry than he did before as he watches us. Maybe he's seeing that something with Harry has changed. I hope so, anyway. I look back over at Harry and nod my head, squeezing the hand that he had on my waist gently to reassure him. He smiles at me before I turn and go back up the stairs. I sit at the top of the stairs where they can't see me.

"Louis, I'm so tired of you doing this shit," Harry tells him. "I told you that I don't want you bringing your parties here anymore. I couldn't care less if you've got nowhere else to take it because all the frats won't let you in or whatever other reason you have. I've told you so many times in the last few weeks that this isn't what I want anymore."

"Is it because of her? You've gone all soft on us."

"No, it's not because of her. I felt this way before she was even in my life. You just won't fucking listen to a single word I'm saying. You never listen to me, and when you do you're too drunk or high to even remember it the next morning. You just don't want the real reason to be because I don't want to party anymore. You want to blame her when she's done absolutely nothing wrong."

I lean my head against the wall and close my eyes, still listening in.

"What's the fucking point of having this big ass house if you're not going to party in it?"

"That doesn't concern you since you don't live here."

"Does she? Does Kaitlynn live here now? Is that why you don't hang out with us anymore?"