E I G H T

I let my hands travel to his hair, as his lips moved in sync with mine. In my mind I knew how wrong this was, but then again, this felt so right. I suddenly thought of Zayn, automatically making me pull away from Liam. He looked confused, but didn't ask why I refused his soft, slightly chapped lips.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as Liam carried me, & my board back to the beach.

"Out there" Liam said pointing towards the waves. I smiled upon seeing a smiling Zayn, being the sexy man he is, riding the waves like a professional.

Zayn looked happy for the first time since our fraud marriage. He looked free, smiling as his body collided with the water after he had ridden the wave as far as he could.

"He is a good man, you know" Liam blurted all of the sudden.

I turned to look at him directly. "I know. I never said he wasnt a good guy. I just don't love him, that's all"

He nodded, then pointed to my surf board. "You want to try again?"

I nodded quickly, snatching it from his grasp. Liam walked with me into the water, then both of us laid on our stomach's, paddling with our arms until we found a good enough wave. I stood up as soon as the wave hit. But my best laid plans ended with me landing back into the water with a splash.

I surfaced & started laughing, climbing back onto my board.

 I finally regained my balance, and was soon surfing with the best of them. I always wanted to become a surfer when I was younger. Everyone told me how "professional" I was whenever I would surf. I even competed, and won more times than I lost. But it all came to a screeching halt when mom died.

 I kept thinking about Liam's kiss. So soft, and gentle. I was drawn to his amazing good looks, but intimidated by his tattoos. Which made it all better.

I wasnt the type who wanted it 'loving and gentle' no, no, no. I mean, lets be real, think about sex. How could something as painful as that be sensual? Matter of fact, I loved rough one night stands personally. Having meaningless sex with anyone and not having to live with them for the rest of your life.

So maybe I was a bit of a wild child. But so what? So I like my drinks, my dancing, and the occasional smoke. I'd never done drugs, but hey, when opportunity knocks, you answer it. Dont just let it keep standing there.

I was drawn  from my deep thoughts by Zayn calling my name.

"Holly, are you about ready to go? We've been out here for 3 hours and I think I'm getting a sunburn on my neck"

"We can go, but the sunburn is your fault Zainy. I tried to give you sunscreen, but no. You didnt want it"

"Lets go to dinner tonight, all of us" Louis cut in.

We all nodded in agreement & agreed to meet at 'Palm Beach Grill', which was only about a 5 minute walk from our hotel, around 6:30p.m.

Zayn and I started walking back to the resort in which we were staying in, in awkward silence. Normally Zayn would strike up a conversation with me about any random thing that popped into his mind, but this time, nothing. I couldnt help but feel the guilt as Liam slipped into my mind. Why would I do something so foolish?

He slid the key into the door and opened it, slamming it behind us after we had walked in.

"I'm going to take a shower" I announced, grabbing my things and heading to the bathroom. I turned on the water, letting it heat as I undressed. I placed my wet suit on the side of the bathtub to let it dry some what before stepping into the shower. I let out a gasp when the cool water hit my skin. I quickly turned the warm water on stronger, by pressing the touch screen on the granite wall of the shower. Instead of having the water 50/50 I swiped it to 75/25. Seventy five being the hot water, and twenty five being the cold.