Swapping My Gender

"OK, guys. I am heading up to Doc's to see anything new."

"Sure," replied Dad.

I went on my hoverboard. When I went to the lab, I saw Frankie by the doorway, greeting me.

"Hey, Cody! My Dad just invented a new potion that can make you breathe underwater! Are you gonna be the test subject?" she asked.

"Noble! I am going to try it!" I answered.

What's the harm? Doc's stuff works. At least, sometimes.

"Here, Cody, the potion," said Doc, who overheard us.

 He handed me a purple-colored liquid. Thirty-eight percent of me regretted it. But the rest of me is like "C'mon!" and I was eager to try it. I gulped it down, and it tasted like bitter cherry.

"So, how are you feeling, Cody?" asked Frankie.

"Nothing is happening yet. I am going for a swim at the town's pool to find out," I said.

I went to the firehouse and put on my swimming shorts, and then Heatwave and Kade took me to the public pool. I put my head underwater, but unfortunately, it didn't work. When I put my head out of the water, I felt weird. My shorts turned into a girl's swimsuit. I suddenly felt like a girl and my voice sounded like a girl. People that were near me giggled a bit. Maybe Doc's potion failed! I ran to Heatwave.

"Uh, Cody, when did you make your shorts into a girl's swimsuit?" Kade asked.

I told him what had happened and fortunately, he believed me because I still looked like myself. By the time I came back, I heard my hair changing and an urge to do girl stuff like put on pink clothes. I rushed to the firehouse and changed my clothes completely. I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and I looked like this.

Shoutout to Shadedknight for letting me copy the normal picture of Cody on his second story of his RB Cody stories to let me draw on it

Shoutout to Shadedknight for letting me copy the normal picture of Cody on his second story of his RB Cody stories to let me draw on it. I don't think it's really perfect though :/

I couldn't help myself to think I look pretty. But the normal side of me was letting me gasp. Kade convinced my family that I'm Cody. Dani was pretty excited that there was another human female in the family and that now she wasn't the only girl. Dad said that he was going to take me to Doc's to change me back to normal. Then we got there. I rode in Boulder this time. He wasn't used to having me as a girl.

"I don't think we should change Cody back to normal because he I mean she is pretty," complimented Frankie.

"But I think Dani should be the only girl because I had enough family females already," explained Kade.

"Aww," she replied.

"Doc, what did you do wrong in your potion?" I asked in a it's-permanent-if-nobody-fixes-this girly voice.

Doc checked his potion ingredient list.

"Oh, my. I think I gave you the wrong potion. The right one is supposed to be blue, not purple," he said.

I didn't want to stay like this for the rest of my life, so I told Doc to make another potion to change me back.

"Cody, can I name you as a girl name? Ok? It's Camila," said Frankie to me while Doc was making the new potion.

Camila didn't sound bad to me. I told everyone what Francine just said. (Francine sounds better when I'm a girl). Dani strongly agreed. Then she hugged me really tight.

"OK, Cody, I mean Camila. Your potion is finished. This time, I double checked to see if I missed any ingredients," announced Doc, once again, overhearing us.

Now the potion tasted like a candy bar. Nothing had happened. Doc said that if I swim again, I'll turn into my normal self.

"Aww, I wanted Camila to stay like a girl," stated Francine.

 This time, Doc's potion had worked. I liked being a girl, but I love being a boy even better. Besides, the only one who got used to me being a girl was Frankie. It is important to be who I am.