Dad's Rule

"Everyone, remember to go to Griffin Rock back and meet me on every Sunday evening dinner. And no excuses..." I thought Dad's flashback. He said that on the day that Frankie explained that I was hypnotized by Morroco and he was defeated.

Today was Friday night. All of the Rescue team was here, in the firehouse resting, because they decided to come early, just after Quickshadow arrived about 3 days ago. They were all asleep, except for me. I looked at the alarm clock. 11:43 PM.

I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about Dad. Tragically, our mom had died of a rare disease. We didn't know what it's called. I couldn't bear the fact that Dad will die, too. Then all that will be left are only my siblings and me.

I tossed and turned in bed, and hoped Dad was resting and sleeping in the hospital and he was OK.

I hoped....... and suddenly my world went black. I was soon asleep, my face drenched in tears thinking of Dad.

The next day...

I woke up, feeling all drowsy and tired because I slept late. The condition was the same for Dani, Graham, and Kade.

"Morning," someone said.

It was weird and sad at the same time without Dad sitting at the table. I remembered that years ago, Dad was standing there, saying that we would go fishing. Dani, Graham, and Kade refused. (That was in Season 1, episode 10: Deep Trouble.) But if Dad was doing the same thing right now, we would definitely say yes.

After breakfast, I went to the garage to start my ride on my hoverboard to go to Doc's, and I saw 9 Cybertronians staring at me. They were Heatwave, Chase, Blades, Boulder, Quickshadow, Salvage, Blurr, Hide Tide, and Servo.

"So uh, what happened? We heard something bad," asked Blurr.

I sighed. I showed a video of what had happened on my hoverboard. Then I went to Doc's.

That night...

Shoot. I couldn't sleep again. Suddenly, I heard a loud beep. It repeated about 4 times. It took me only seconds to figure out that it was the washing machine in the laundry room beside me. I waited for a moment, and I remembered that Dad was in the hospital, so he couldn't do it.

I got out of my bed and folded all the clothes in the washing machine. When I was three-fourths done, I thought about Dad. He cooked breakfast for us, did the laundry, and a lot of other stuff.

Maybe the chores looked easier than I think. Maybe I will do most of the chores while Dad was in the hospital. Tomorrow was the Sunday dinner, the first one without Dad.  When I was done with the laundry, I went downstairs and grabbed a book and a flashlight. I'll read it until I was sleepy. But I predicted it will be 3 AM before I will. While I read, I just hoped...

That we would be like the leaves on the tree, being reunited with its parents.