Chapter 6

The boys left after a couple hours, a relief to Hopper. He isn't a big fan of Jane's and Mike's relationship. Me, Max, and Jane sit in a circle in Jane's bedroom.

"Let's play Truth or Dare," Max suggests. I give her a blank look. "Have you played before       (Y/N)?"

"No," I simply state. She goes on to explain it to me, but I'm honestly only half listening.

"I'll go first," Jane says. "Truth or Dare,           (Y/N)?"

"Truth?" I reply in a questioning manner.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend?"

"No, I have never had boy friends before. I haven't had girl friends before either."

"That's not what I meant, but thank you for answering. Now it's your turn."

"Jane, Truth or dare?" I shift in my set, praying that she chooses—

"Truth." I sigh in relief.

"Why doesn't Will trust me?"

Jane becomes stiff. I slowly reach into her mind, not straining my self to much.

'Why would she ask that? Does she know about Will? Are his suspicions right?' She thinks in a panic. Her mind races. I quickly exit before a headache erupts my skull. I grit my teeth, waiting for an answer.

"Why do you think that Will doesn't trust you?" Her voice shakes slightly as she asks me the question.

"He looks at me like I killed his dog," I state in a calm voice.

"What are you talking about? Will likes everyone. He's just not comfortable with strangers."

I sigh and give up. There's no point in prodding. My head aches as I smile. "Okay, Jane."

Will is getting in the way.

——

Jane walks the halls in search of her friends. She stops when she sees Mike, Will, Dustin, and Lucas. She smiles and makes her way over to them. She hears the end of their conversation.

"I know that somethings up. She's not who she says she is—." Will is interrupted by Jane.

"Who are you guys talking about?" She smiles sweetly.

"No one!" Mike says as he takes her hands in his. "How was your day?" She lightly tugs her hands away.

"You were talking about (Y/N) weren't you?" The boys faces pale. "You were! I trust her. Why can't you?"

"I know how to put and end to this," Will's small voice rings in Jane's ears. "Let's follow her home. If she has a normal house, with normal parents, then we'll know that our suspicions are wrong."

They all stare at the small boy. The boys agree, though Jane is slightly hesitant.

"If it will shut you up, then fine."

——

The five teenagers hide behind trees as they follow (Y/N) down the sidewalk. She is humming to Should I Stay or Should I Go by the Clash. A song she learned from Jane.

(Y/N) is oblivious to the people following her, stuck in her own mind. Jane feels horrible for following her.

(Y/N) takes a turn down a street Jane doesn't recognize. Her suspicions rise as they trek up a hill.

(Y/N) makes her way to a house that has been abandoned for quite some time. Jane holds her breath, praying that (Y/N) would walk pass the house. To Jane's disappointment, (Y/N) enters the dirty house. The boys walk up to Jane.

"You have to admit, the house is quite sketchy," Mike says.

"Maybe her parents don't make a lot of money..." Dustin tries to comfort her. "Let's take a look inside."

They all walk up to different windows. Jane and Mike look through a window. The room seems to be the lounge room. It is filled with spiderwebs and dust. Jane fills her heart drop.

——

I fill as if I'm being watched. I walk into the bathroom to take a shower. I start to take my shirt off when I feel eyes on me. I'm probably imagining it, but I cover the bathroom window with a curtain.

I feel at ease. I get in the shower and feel the cold water wash over me. I have always felt uncomfortable in the heat.

The bathroom is one of the only rooms that Papa cleaned up for me. The only other room that was cleaned up was the master bedroom. I haven't seen Papa in a while. I finally have Jane's trust.

Tomorrow is the day I erase her memories. I feel a pull at my chest, like my heart is wanting to leap out of my body. What is this strange feeling?
-geekywriter15